• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Just too early if we verify cold sure but plenty of time for things to go bad. If we get the cold the storm will be there on the tail end before going into a mild period. A lot of winter storms occur on the last day of the cold wave...all this relies on the s/e getting cold which is a bit rare for early December. For now, I would wager against any wintry threat for the foothills.

Just too early if we verify cold sure but plenty of time for things to go bad. If we get the cold the storm will be there on the tail end before going into a mild period. A lot of winter storms occur on the last day of the cold wave...all this relies on the s/e getting cold which is a bit rare for early December. For now, I would wager against any wintry threat for the foothills.
If you could post like this more often, I agree with u here

Last edited:
Nashville area is due for an accumulating December snow. Last real one was December 2010. I had a few inches 2 weeks before Christmas and a few more Christmas Eve and day. Not sure how the actual city of Nashville did though.
The 1880's and 1890's was a great time for snow lovers in Nashville. The top 3 snowiest days on record occurred in 1892 (17"), 1886 (9.8"), and 1894 (9.7").

GFS with a cold rain end of run far down east. 30s rain. Hopefully it doesn’t get stronger rates or tick west because it would involve ptype issues. Not to mention it’s hurricane strength low pressure would be windy.

GFS with a cold rain end of run far down east. 30s rain. Hopefully it doesn’t get stronger rates or tick west because it would involve ptype issues. Not to mention it’s hurricane strength low pressure would be windy.
I'm more concerned about the fierce lightning. When thunder roars, go indoors!

The 1880's and 1890's was a great time for snow lovers in Nashville. The top 3 snowiest days on record occurred in 1892 (17"), 1886 (9.8"), and 1894 (9.7").

It was a great time for snowlovers all over the SE because it was significantly colder then, especially in February for some unknown reason. Feb was often the coldest and snowiest month in those decades and into the very early 1900s. That seems really weird to me but maybe it was because overall US snowcover coverage was so much larger.

It was a great time for snowlovers all over the SE because it was significantly colder then, especially in February for some unknown reason. Feb was often the coldest and snowiest month in those decades and into the very early 1900s. That seems really weird to me but maybe it was because overall US snowcover coverage was so much larger.
Could the numbers for that few years be a little bit skewed by the February 1899 Arctic cold and SE storm?

Back