• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Good thread title choice. There are a bunch of folks out there with their heads in the sand still believing we'll have a cold December despite no evidence supporting that idea and plenty of evidence going the other way.

Good thread title choice. There are a bunch of folks out there with their heads in the sand still believing we'll have a cold December despite no evidence supporting that idea and plenty of evidence going the other way.
Well he could have picked "Derriere December"....LOL

If you put any weight into the CFS, it would have a favorable pattern for cold temps / winter storms right up to Christmas week. Of course I linked to the best looking date. Scroll through to the end, and just look at the overall pattern it's depicting.

If you put any weight into the CFS, it would have a favorable pattern for cold temps / winter storms right up to Christmas week. Of course I linked to the best looking date. Scroll through to the end, and just look at the overall pattern it's depicting.
Christmas week looks sweet. However, we all know what will happen..... We have been burned too many times. Just like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the football.

CFS looks like a early jan 2018 repeat lol with several events of +PNA, while unlikely that happens, ensembles do show a nice +PNA in early December, which is something HM mentioned of in his tweet yesterday as we go from a active pattern with a train of shortwaves/longwave troughs to a westernish ridge 87AE0C52-43E0-47A6-B27F-02DB1749D63C.png8E5AE8B4-7BDE-4755-9134-87D59AABDFB5.png

CFS looks like a early jan 2018 repeat lol with several events of +PNA, while unlikely that happens, ensembles do show a nice +PNA in early December, which is something HM mentioned of in his tweet yesterday as we go from a active pattern with a train of shortwaves/longwave troughs to a westernish ridge View attachment 52668View attachment 52669

Why do you guys call him HM? For some reason I always think of Henry Margusity.

Honestly that look isn’t far off from the synoptic scale pattern seen with early December 2018 given there’s a signal to be a weak SS trailing wave and some sort of trough in the East, problem is timing those together, and that’s quite hard to do, the chances of it working out most of the time is slim

As others have posted, this winters best chance of seeing cold may come in the first half. So far, everything seems to be lining up to make that a reality --> at least in the short term heading into met winter...

Back