• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Any likelihood that us back in Georgia could get anything out of this pattern or is it really just North Carolina?
At this point who knows. If we can actually close off aloft someone is in play across the region but who knows where the occurs. The gfs/Euro/cmc are all in different places. Right now it's basically sit and wait mode until details get ironed out

At this point who knows. If we can actually close off aloft someone is in play across the region but who knows where the occurs. The gfs/Euro/cmc are all in different places. Right now it's basically sit and wait mode until details get ironed out
I think that now we've seen the Euro w/ snow, we know that it's possible to get snow out of this setup. I think that for GA to get snow, would be if there was much more separation between the two waves.

I do think that this pattern is going to last longer than the first week, maybe even lasting until the third week of December.
I honestly think the southeast ridge will probably come back in early January as tropical forcing becomes temporarily unfavorable again, but who knows

One thing that I'm concerned about is how far south this ridge is. Further north into Canada would make me happy, I think that any wave that tries to come in from the west coast would get squashed.View attachment 53189

To be fair, if this trended a little further south, that would be great for more people in the South as the ULL would swing a bit more wide allowing people in SC/NC and the central parts of MS/AL/GA to get in on the action. Ofc, we're all basing this on an 18z run. It's usually the weenie run. Keeping my optimism at bay.

To be fair, if this trended a little further south, that would be great for more people in the South as the ULL would swing a bit more wide allowing people in SC/NC and the central parts of MS/AL/GA to get in on the action. Ofc, we're all basing this on an 18z run. It's usually the weenie run. Keeping my optimism at bay.
I'm not talking about the ULL specifically, I'm talking about the pattern in general, and that if we get multiple waves to produce southern sliders, we need the ridge to go north.

I think that now we've seen the Euro w/ snow, we know that it's possible to get snow out of this setup. I think that for GA to get snow, would be if there was much more separation between the two waves.
Yeah another thing is the gfs and Euro are different waves. The Euro really had a partial phase come in and save the day with the lead wave. The gfs is more progressive there but farther east with the trailer cutoff. In a perfect world both happen

Back