• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

I figure we don't completely say goodbye to 80s, but after Tues, there is nothing but sub 72 weather until almost mid Oct. Of course, a warm up in mid or late Oct can easily produce low 80s. Can almost certainly say 90s are over until April or May.

nrgjeff over at American is saying winter will be toast since the QBO is positive along with a mod. Nina.. Need to read up more on QBO, because it's nearly meaningless to me.
I honestly think about 95% of people understand about 95% less than they think they do about how the QBO affects the weather.

If this is a persistent pattern this winter, the mountains are going to have crazy snow at least.. I think we see low snow totals in low elevations but periods of intense cold this winter...
I’m not so sure about that. High elevations have been getting skunked the past 5 to 10 years. I mean when Raysweather forecast 100” and only 25” occurs above 5,500ft, it seems like the low elevations are actually the bigger winners with their 8-12” annual total (winters beyond year 2010).

You know the climate is changing when you have onions sprouting in your yard. In September. Cooler nights I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have onions all year round, every year. They are one of the best growing items in my yard...that, chickweed, and fire ant mounds.

Onions are something I miss. The whole yard was full of them growing up. Now my house here has little to none. I miss the smell after you mow them.

Ill invite you over. Bring a case and we will talk wx and sports.

Anyway, good to see our late fall temps still on tap on the gfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we gonna watch the Siberian snow growth rate this year, or is that about as meaningless for winter weather predictions as all the atmospheric conditions that used to mean something but don't seem to anymore?

So are we gonna watch the Siberian snow growth rate this year, or is that about as meaningless for winter weather predictions as all the atmospheric conditions that used to mean something but don't seem to anymore?
I just look out for this......?

A “warm nose,” a wedge of above-freezing air that settles above subfreezing temperatures at the surface. This air corrupts any snow that falls through it, changing it to rain. ... Snow can't fall through warm air, and there's going to be a mess of it above us

I watched it for 5 years and I’m done with. I’m sure it has something to do with building cold air in a source region early in the season, but It does us no good in the southeast if it’s not getting tapped into. I do keep an eye on how much snow pack is getting put down in eastern Canada as the fall progresses... it’s definitely good to have plenty of cold air up there so that high pressures can tap into them for CAD.

Dude the fire ants are on a roll this week we had quite the afternoon together

I no fire ant hills until this year. I think I’m up to eleven separate hills around my front, back, and side yards. Been treating them with the granules and had Terminex treat three times. Nothing has worked. My Redbone can’t even run around the yard because she’s gotten into the hills a few times and been eaten up.

What would you recommend I broadcast over it. I put some of the spectracide insect killer on it over the summer, maybe I should do that again?
Move

Back