• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

How many models do y’all need to see, to track a rainy winter storm??E47AD78D-F366-46A7-9516-9669BF2FCB69.png

Aren't October's supposed to be dry?

View attachment 49390
It seems like our area, along with a narrow strip through the central SE (like shown above) have been constantly hit the last couple of months. Tropical storms being redirected NE is one cause but we've also received additional heavy precip events more times than other SE locations (..it seems). I would really love to see that this winter. But you know how that goes...

Aren't October's supposed to be dry?
Like I said, if no tropics would be hot and drought. Thanks for Sally/Beta/others it’s muddy and cool. Here lately it’s been rain from tropical cyclones or NADA.

Like I said, if no tropics would be hot and drought. Thanks for Sally/Beta/others it’s muddy and cool. Here lately it’s been rain from tropical cyclones or NADA.
I mean a good percentage of our avg summer precip is driven by tropical systems so it's not exactly a surprise

Would be nice to ride this into winter. After all...Aren’t we due for a setup like this for winter (for a change).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I wouldn’t want a wet/active STJ in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More ice than snow this year
I agree. With La Nina a lot of the cold should be bottled up to our NW. We should (hopefully) be able to tap into that cold with more CAD events this year. I could even see us ending up above normal with temps but still getting at least three or four wintery threats (via CAD).

I figure we don't completely say goodbye to 80s, but after Tues, there is nothing but sub 72 weather until almost mid Oct. Of course, a warm up in mid or late Oct can easily produce low 80s. Can almost certainly say 90s are over until April or May.

nrgjeff over at American is saying winter will be toast since the QBO is positive along with a mod. Nina.. Need to read up more on QBO, because it's nearly meaningless to me.

Back