• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

I would take this pattern in winter all. day. long compared to what we've been getting in winters of late. Summer is gone!
Denver Colorado went from snow/freeze to back in the 90s coming soon. I wouldn’t rule out 90s back this way October/November.

Denver Colorado went from snow/freeze to back in the 90s coming soon. I wouldn’t rule out 90s back this way October/November.
While I’m never surprised to see a few 80 degree days in October and maybe a couple in early November, 90s would probably be a stretch the further we get into October. Even the heat wave last year in early October was very anomalous and downright historical for its intensity. It also had the fact help of the flash drought from last September leaving very little soil moisture, which certainly isn’t an issue this year. Also just the fact that as we get past mid October, there’s just not enough daylight to see temperatures get to the 90s.

Never say never, I guess, but an extended period back into the upper 80s or 90s with humidity? I'm betting against it. We good.

It would take a hurricane to bring the humidity and perhaps a track that misses us to bring 90s..prob very low chance but season is active

90’s are done for most on the board. Put a fork in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick look at RDU highest max temp records for October show 90 or above was achieved 10 of 133 years, going back to 1887. Roughly 7% chance (or 1 every 14 years). Of note, not a single 90 degree day has ever been recorded after October 10.

Also, RDU somehow hit 100 on 10/3 just last year. Completely forgot about that.

A quick look at RDU highest max temp records for October show 90 or above was achieved 10 of 133 years, going back to 1887. Roughly 7% chance (or 1 every 14 years). Of note, not a single 90 degree day has ever been recorded after October 10.

Also, RDU somehow hit 100 on 10/3 just last year. Completely forgot about that.
So if you live to be 14 years, it's a roughly once in a lifetime event. HT to SERidge on the call!

Tomer Burg just released his new website! I couldn't be more impressed, and I highly recommend you check it out! Some really interesting features that have never been used before!

Back