• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

To Roxboro?
For snow and less fire ants , yes! My sister passed away this year, obviously miss her tons, but will miss her snow pics! Always 8-10” of snow , while I watched it rain here and sleet at RC house! She lived in Roxboro, the last 30 years or so!

Last edited:
I no fire ant hills until this year. I think I’m up to eleven separate hills around my front, back, and side yards. Been treating them with the granules and had Terminex treat three times. Nothing has worked. My Redbone can’t even run around the yard because she’s gotten into the hills a few times and been eaten up.

Get a 3gal sprayer, some Bifenthrin concentrate and Cypermethrin packets. Mix the Bifen 2X-3X strong and add 2-3 cyper packets. Take a stick and poke holes in the mounds and drench. Also, spray a broad radius around the mound. The mound will die overnight and they won't just move over a few feet.

I no fire ant hills until this year. I think I’m up to eleven separate hills around my front, back, and side yards. Been treating them with the granules and had Terminex treat three times. Nothing has worked. My Redbone can’t even run around the yard because she’s gotten into the hills a few times and been eaten up.
Use a 40sugar/60 baking powder mix . The sugar starts the feeding frebzy and the baking powder causes em to explode. Want know the difference while the feast. Tried it and it worked. Fire ants are here to stay now. Ag guy says whatever you have this year will be double next year.

Looks like October will be dry for most, if not all, of us. GFS is bone dry after today. If not for Sally and Beta we would be heading for a serious drought in much of the area,

I'll bet most of the southeast has already surpassed their yearly average in rainfall, not to mention we are headed out of the growing season. :)
Yeah at over a foot or two for the year to date widespread across the upper SE, we're fine drying out for some time.
full.php

Back