• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

11 days and counting without a drop of rain here. It looks like it could go to 20 days without rain which is incredibly rare in this area. Average annual rainfall here is 49 inches and it’s rare to go even 7 days without rain at least once so this is definitely a noteworthy weather period.
Been dry since September 3rd here.

Counting the days, we need rain badly here in the south.

Crazy how the biggest dry period hasn’t come from a big hot heat dome, but a nice cool NW flow.
Cool at night yes, but very warm in the afternoons. Non stop 80s for the forseeable future for much of the deep south. Maybe even close to 90 some areas tomorrow.

11 days and counting without a drop of rain here. It looks like it could go to 20 days without rain which is incredibly rare in this area. Average annual rainfall here is 49 inches and it’s rare to go even 7 days without rain at least once so this is definitely a noteworthy weather period.
Haven’t seen rain since September 10th here. Looks like we will go another 7-10 days if not more.

Euro says, "I hear you, SD, order up!"...View attachment 122849
Interesting setup coming. If we get the pacific and high latitudes to play along op Euro pulls the tpv out of Siberia and launches it south into Canadaec-fast_z500_mslp_nhem_fh144-240.gif

The eps is more muted likely to chaos within a large number of members but gives the same general theme eps-fast_z500a_nhem_11 (1).png

If we go +pna/-ao it'll get chilly at minimum if we can really get the tpv drawn south we'd be looking at some once in a decade type cold for mid October. The only thing I don't like is the cutoff south of the western ridge that could cause some issues in getting the solid cold well south but this is so far away it's not worth worrying about now

Interesting setup coming. If we get the pacific and high latitudes to play along op Euro pulls the tpv out of Siberia and launches it south into CanadaView attachment 122853

The eps is more muted likely to chaos within a large number of members but gives the same general theme View attachment 122854

If we go +pna/-ao it'll get chilly at minimum if we can really get the tpv drawn south we'd be looking at some once in a decade type cold for mid October. The only thing I don't like is the cutoff south of the western ridge that could cause some issues in getting the solid cold well south but this is so far away it's not worth worrying about now
-EPO doing work!

Interesting setup coming. If we get the pacific and high latitudes to play along op Euro pulls the tpv out of Siberia and launches it south into CanadaView attachment 122853

The eps is more muted likely to chaos within a large number of members but gives the same general theme View attachment 122854

When was the last time this kind of set up happened in October? And what kind of winter did we have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m no expert on maps, but I could get snow out of that look, I think!?

One of the biggest takeaways on that for me is something you mentioned earlier. The PV is continuously getting stretched and unable to strengthen. That could certainly bode well for the first half of the season

Back