• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

I love Fall!

gfs_T2m_us_54.png

? ?

If the 12z GFS is right I'll be halfway there. No rain on it through day 16 after Ian is gone. This might be like 2016, when wildfires became a big story in the mountains. That pattern only broke late in November and this will probably like that.
That year was a lot drier leading up to fall. I'm speaking for North Georgia but our creeks are high for this time of year and the water table is fine. I'm at almost 40" YTD on rainfall and that is with the Tempest being down for several weeks due to my move. It may be dry this month for sure but the sun angle is lowering and the trees are going dormant. There isn't much damage that can be done.

I would not at all shocked to see ATL and much of the southeast go rainless this entire month. Not 1 drop.
I got 25k that says it rains at least 1 time in Southern NC. I’ll record with time stamp if you’re game!

I got 25k that says it rains at least 1 time in Southern NC. I’ll record with time stamp if you’re game!
Can we put your 25k against Shetley's not posting for a year if it doesn't rain 1 drop in October and the temp does not get to 100 or better for 10 straight days in Jonesville?

That year was a lot drier leading up to fall. I'm speaking for North Georgia but our creeks are high for this time of year and the water table is fine. I'm at almost 40" YTD on rainfall and that is with the Tempest being down for several weeks due to my move. It may be dry this month for sure but the sun angle is lowering and the trees are going dormant. There isn't much damage that can be done.
Atlanta has 0.99" in September this year and in 2016 they had 3.43" in September. So was it really drier in 2016 at the end of September than it is now ? This has to be one of the driest Septembers on record in Atlanta.

Back