• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2023

Not that I put much stock in the GFS after 4 or 5 days, the 18z actually ends up the wettest overall run for the SE than we’ve seen in some time. It actually lined up pretty well with both the 12z GEFS and EPS.
Still in the long range, but it does get very wet with 4+ inches for many of us. This has been going back and forth but hopefully the wet solution will be right. 18z was actually some modest improvement for some of us this weekend. Not nearly the rain we need, but at least .20 or so for some of us. The Euro has a 2nd batch on Sunday that drops up to 1 inch on many of us. It shows more rain for much of the southeast through day 10 so we might finally be turning the corner with this towards a wet pattern.

Still in the long range, but it does get very wet with 4+ inches for many of us. This has been going back and forth but hopefully the wet solution will be right. 18z was actually some modest improvement for some of us this weekend. Not nearly the rain we need, but at least .20 or so for some of us. The Euro has a 2nd batch on Sunday that drops up to 1 inch on many of us. It shows more rain for much of the southeast through day 10 so we might finally be turning the corner with this towards a wet pattern.
Yeah I’ve really been paying close attention to the ensembles the past week and both the GEFS and EPS have been pretty consistent with getting the STJ going during the 11-15th timeframe. Also there’s some indication on the GEFS that there might be some severe weather across the south the weekend before Thanksgiving

Well, if the GFS is right this weekend will be dry for most of us and the long range is a lot drier too. The Euro still has the weekend rain but is trending slowly drier too. It looks like exceptional drought may be coming after all.

Well, if the GFS is right this weekend will be dry for most of us and the long range is a lot drier too. The Euro still has the weekend rain but is trending slowly drier too. It looks like exceptional drought may be coming after all.
I would go Biblical drought, if I were making the forecast. It will probably never rain again, tbh...though, we would want to be careful about making such wild statements, so we don't get the appearance of being overly dramatic with our proclamations.

Trending dryer and dryer. Euro is just as ------

View attachment 137775
Few more dry weeks to go.
cansips_apcpna_month_us_2.png

Back