• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

Should we modify the title to extend 2 day’s cause the NAM is not far off for some sleet/freezing drizzle Thursday trying to rush moisture in over dry cold air leaving...

46.4 and dropping according to my station, it would be nice to see some flurries or a few sleet pellets on my way to work but I doubt the precip will stick around long enough.

This is about 2 miles away from South Padre island. Looks Misty, but i don't see snow. (Ignore the Preview Image, it's old)

Based on mPING reports & local news media, the observation looks legit. There were about 3-4 reports of snow/graupel near Brownsville earlier on mPING

Per NWS Raleigh AFD, some chance of a change over to snow on north-west side of the low Thursday. Edited thread title to cover this small chance. However, I disagree and think sleet or mix would be more likely.

Those pesky mountains ;)

12Z surface analysis shows a somewhat fractured arctic cold front
emerging east of the Appalachians, surging further east across GA
and SC, with the true cold air still held back further north by the
central Appalachians despite a sw to nw wind shift now evident
across the Piedmont.

Those pesky mountains ;)

12Z surface analysis shows a somewhat fractured arctic cold front
emerging east of the Appalachians, surging further east across GA
and SC, with the true cold air still held back further north by the
central Appalachians despite a sw to nw wind shift now evident
across the Piedmont.