• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

gem_T700_us_41.png

This is the gem forecast for the end of the run, and it looks cold

What’s with all the snow talk?
There was a winter, I think November 2001, there were several small snow / slop events here in Greenville, and was actually a big event forecasted, we were under a WSW for 4-8”, that busted, got about 1” in Greer. But it is possible to get snows in mid and late November down here, although rare, the models may not be out to lunch! Then the Dec 2002 event, was amazeballs, early December
Who are you and where is Mack?

18z runs
GFS: Runs right through the middle of a HP ridge, very GFS-ish. Doesn't get much NS interaction so still holding on with the ss low. Not great but better than 06z and 12z
GEFS: Still a couple of members, however not as bullish. Maybe 3 members in NC, compared to 7 at 12z. However, throws the MA form a bone.
On to 00z. Lets hug the 12z cmc

Accu, there will probably be too much confluence to allow a system to develop, but we shall see.
I understand, but with some talk about the gefs and eps and cmc showing a interesting somewhat setup in that time frame, why not post something from the 0z tonight that goes alone with it. There's really nothing else to do right now lol.

I understand, but with some talk about the gefs and eps and cmc showing a interesting somewhat setup in that time frame, why not post something from the 0z tonight that goes alone with it.

I agree buddy. We shall see as we get closer because its too far out in lala land now.

I'm riding the HWRF for Halloween night cause it shows the solution I want. Nam and GFS are just a hour latter clearing the rain out of the high country before K/O.
This is 7pm for all the trick or treaters out there tomorrow night. 2m temps Nam are coldest at this time frame upper 30's with windchill in the 20's. Lows bottom out around 20-22 degere range by sunrise Friday morning on all models.

1572435056352.png

3k NAM dips wind chill values down to 7F in Watauga Co Fri morning.

Back