• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Yeah unfortunately that's been the pattern for November for several years and when we get to the middle of winter it flips. Wake me in mid December when we're staring at sustained cold in the long range.
yeah agree... lets go ahead get this over ... n move on... see nothing but cold rains on the horizon at best

12Z Euro says hello from the SER! It has much above normal temps for the SE US 11/5-8.
Good. Let's torch in November. All the cold November's this decade have resulted in dumpster fire winters. We cant hold a colder pattern long down here so let's not waste it in November.

Out to 36 on The HRR. 18z suite is faster so far, HRR & RAP. see if the nam can keep it up:
This is 7pm Trick Or Treat Night: High Mountain kids might be sledding instead of doing the Halloween thing:

1572463682458.png

Good grief it's only October with a very nice pattern ahead that we been asking for all summer to break the extreme heat curse, and people are still not satisfied? I dont believe in a precurse season, what more could you as for with bundle of moisture coming from the gulf with a nice shot of cold air behind it. If some on here would stop complaining about next month and the month after maybe just maybe we can have things going our way. All this complaining is wearing off on the new people.

Good grief it's only October with a very nice pattern ahead that we been asking for all summer to break the extreme heat curse, and people are still not satisfied? I dont believe in a precurse season, what more could you as for with bundle of moisture coming from the gulf with a nice shot of cold air behind it. If some on here would stop complaining about next month and the month after maybe just maybe we can have things going our way. All this complaining is wearing off on the new people.
... and on an oldie sometimes, as well ... :cool:

Out to 36 on The HRR. 18z suite is faster so far, HRR & RAP. see if the nam can keep it up:
This is 7pm Trick Or Treat Night: High Mountain kids might be sledding instead of doing the Halloween thing:

View attachment 25131
Looked back on the surface precip maps of the HRRRrrrRRRRrrRrR and didn't see any snow?

Accu, I think RC said it best; We’re cautiously pessimistic. Also I would disagree that the complainers are wearing on the newcomers. I could argue that the eternal optomists are more difficult to wade through. Just some of my thoughts there. I think we can all agree that we like snow.

Accu, I think RC said it best; We’re cautiously pessimistic. Also I would disagree that the complainers are wearing on the newcomers. I could argue that the eternal optomists are more difficult to wade through. Just some of my thoughts there. I think we can all agree that we like snow.
Its all good now. Thanks man

View attachment 25131
I don't think you used the right map. The kids will be sledding in mud if they try.
snku_acc.us_ov.png

3km nam still showing a good bit of frozen precip… HRRR showing almost none... I've seen this one play out before haha. HRRR all the way. 3km nam already had one fantasy ZR event for the mountains not play out a few weeks ago.

Probably some scarce flakes flying around but nothing close to what the 3km is showing

3k NAM is even more aggressive
View attachment 25135

View attachment 25136
I mean come on... thats a 56 degree drop in wind chill in 9 hours. Seriously 3k?

That's not unrealistic. temps go from low 70s to low 40s in just a couple hours for some places. Classic strong cold front. Some places may see a 20-25 temp drop in the hour the front passes.

Temps are going to change 40 degrees in a very small amount of time. If anything the 3km will be off on wind speed. It loves to be way to strong at the surface. Still 15-25 mph winds with post-frontal air is going to get cold fast.

Back