• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Per Rays afternoon update. Game Forecast

Cloudy, Drizzle to snizzle
Temps in Low 40s and falling
NW wind 15-25 mph, G50 mph

I remember when I was there and App had a night game for the first time in years against the number 1 team in the playoff division they used to be in, and it was pouring rain and cold. App won the game, and we tour down the goalpost and ran around campus and King Street with it. I think it ended up in the duck pond. Good times.

I also remember having to go to class with below 0 windchill. Not so good times.

I do want to mention that the signal is very weak in regards to a wintery setup mid-month with no increase of more wintery solutions. Most models are very bearish on cold air and precip, On the contrary, It looks like JB's bathtub fell over onto the NAM via the CMC model. I would be exited mid-January, but November!? I'm not really satisfied with our 2 weeks of fall
gem_T2m_seus_41.png
Ollie, sometimes we dont even get this in January, and definitely not November. Obviously its overdone but fun to look at.

I remember when I was there and App had a night game for the first time in years against the number 1 team in the playoff division they used to be in, and it was pouring rain and cold. App won the game, and we tour down the goalpost and ran around campus and King Street with it. I think it ended up in the duck pond. Good times.

I also remember having to go to class with below 0 windchill. Not so good times.

You should be rooting for your alma matter. #20 in the country. Come a long ways. Heres another met who post on football message boards. Last one from me. ROLL NEERS!

***WED PM UPDATE***

This has been a beast to pin down. Exacts are not realistic in the weather world. Having said, that, and this may change... I like what we are seeing in the data and the earlier departure for the main rain hit by mid way through the first quarter; or prior. Soggy for tailgating you bet. Some powerful wind gusts possible with cells as the roll over the mountains 4-7 PM ish. So, anchor your tailgate tents if you can.

But, trends as of tonight, favor an earlier departure for the rain. Some snow seems plausible by the end of the 4th Q.

Either way, see you up the mountain!

The earliest I’ve ever seen it snow/sleet in Greenville, was 11/9/95, no accums, that winter rocked!
I also think it was warm/hot deep into October, for that reason, I’m using 95/96 winter as my anallog! It really was great, starting in early Jan!!

I am wondering what is the most realistic analog for winter? Everyone has varying opinions like we do every year. Sometimes patterns do reapeat each year. ??

I just hope we don't get all the cold in November and March again. For once it would be nice to have winter during wintertime.

same. As much as it would be nice to have a November storm I doubt its a good thing for the real winter

Freeze Warning in effect tonight until tomorrow morning for my area. It’s official now! It’s happening! It’s really happening!

Back