• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

ULL May need to back off/slow down a bit instead now, for a more classic setup, and artic high pressure atop everything to our north, sorta similar to a southern slider, altho it takes perfect timing which is highly unlikely

So, the GFS didn't have anything yesterday, while the Euro did, and then the Euro didn't have anything today, while the GFS did, and now the GFS is showing less.

Not sure all this back and forth and the models switching places is a real trend. Kind of all over the place the last two days.

So, the GFS didn't have anything yesterday, while the Euro did, and then the Euro didn't have anything today, while the GFS did, and now the GFS is showing less.

Not sure all this back and forth and the models switching places is a real trend. Kind of all over the place the last two days.
Yeah, we tend to see lots of back and forth in the 192+ hour time frame each year. Hard to get a reliable trend for an unreliable forecasting time frame. The only trend I'd say that has merit is the trend that widespread SE winter storms that show up at those leads usually end up not happening. Especially since it's mid-November, I wouldn't bet against that trend. Still worth watching though.

Just Checking in, apparently some models have the shortwave too slow and some (GFS) too fast. I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere in the middle. Luckily the rainy solution is just the FV3.

I would like to see the ULL on the euro further east and taping into the southern stream. I'm not sure maybe someone could answer this. The temps on the euro vs gfs, are they similar on timing into the southeast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think it will lead to more of a suppressed wave due to the expected strong arctic high that will coming down from Canada. There's absolutely no reason why the wave will trend further and further north and west.
Except that at these leads, these massive arctic highs are usually overmodeled and press the flow too far south. We will see whether or not these low 1050s/upper 1040s highs trend weaker and farther north/northwest as we close in.

Except that at these leads, these massive arctic highs are usually overmodeled and press the flow too far south. We will see whether or not these low 1050s/upper 1040s highs trend weaker and farther north/northwest as we close in.
True, the pressures are normally over-modeled, but there has been consistency of a very strong surface high coming down. Plus the time period is closing in, which means, that strong high has a chance at verifying.

Ahh Yes the lovely late fall/early winter overrunning model events. One day your in the money the next day it's cold rain. It's just back and forth back and forth which ultimately just leads to crushing disappointment for most...

One of these days I'll get my overrunning event :)

This will continue to trend North and West due to the HP being less than what the models showed yesterday and even today. It will likely be a little East of modeled location and end up around 1030-1035mb when all is said and done. We have seen this scenario play out FAR too many times to argue against it, especially in November this is highly unlikely to be close to correct. I think it will eventually end up being a DC north storm with most of the Snow being inland from there to NE.

Back