• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Where ever the boundary sets up at is what is going to determine certain things

* If the boundary sets up further south, this will allow the colder deeper air to make it's way southeast. This would mean more snow over the Southeast, if the moisture makes it far enough north.

* If the boundary sets up further north and west (most likely not) this would mean warmer air inland, rainfall east of the mountains (in the Southeast) maybe some back side flurries/snow showers. Snow/sleet/ice, east of the mountains.

For now, I'm going to say that the frontal system will not trend further and further north and west. For one, the front will originally be a strong arctic front, which strong arctic fronts do have that "punch" and they normally make there way pretty far south. Put on top of that, there will be most likely be a strong surface high that will be making it's way southward from Canada that will keep the surface low from coming north and west. Again, it's most likely going to be a frontal system, the surface low will track right along the boundary, the low will not track on it's own, it will track where ever the boundary is.
This post is all faded. How does that even happen?

You should feel comfortable with this look! It should fit like a good pair of slippers, like 4th year in a row, kind of slippers!

I wouldn’t worry, looks to only stay around until 2-3 week of January, looks like we will be putting all the money in on a Fab February again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean how does that even happen? More to my point, what I'm saying is, the front stalls out, the surface low develops on the tail end of that stalled front. Where ever that front stalls out, will determine how far the deeper colder air will go and where the surface low will track. What I mean by the low won't track on it's own is that, the low will most likely not be a "stand alone" low. It is a low that is associated with a front. Where ever that front sets up at, will give you an idea on where the surface low will track.
I mean the text of your post is almost white. It's hard to see.

Is anyone else seeing this?

GEFS not looking good unless you live is NC, particularly the northern part, isn't bad.
1574013600-fRFZ6keOPrI.png

Honestly the on the surface solution for the Euro really doesn't look like it's going to end a lot differently than the GFS. Pretty decent early snow in Tennessee, extending down to extreme N. GA, and really just looks like backside flakes in NC. That's different from freezing drizzle and would be a nice novelty though for sure.

Edit: Well, maybe I was wrong. Looks like 1-3" to me is laid down at the end in NC. But we know how this thing goes...

Back