• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

12k NAM has a downright cold day for most this Friday
namconus_T2m_seus_49.png
Is the NAM known for having a cold bias like the GFS/FV3?

Is the NAM known for having a cold bias like the GFS/FV3?

In my memories, the NAM is pretty good to use for thermal profiles and not so much for precipitation. So many tend to take it's thermals and apply it to a blend of other modeling's precipitation, regardless of type. Many think it does okay with CAD, while like other modeling, slightly under doing it's duration and strength too, but gives a better picture of the intricate details.

The way the ridge is oriented out west, systems are getting shredded when they try to come east or extremely suppressed. Too much positive pna imo.

While we like these trends and that NS energy slowing down, we don’t want that to happen to much, WAR starting to make its self known, at this point tho it would just increase the moisture so it’s not a bad thing right now 47E5DB54-D4B7-4706-B986-032925249243.gif

I don't think we've ever had a winter storm in November to my recollection this far south. It would be fitting after we got stuck in the oven through early October though.

Okay, I think we need to fire up the storm thread! I'm excited now, my predictions are actually coming true!
Slow down fella, It’s wayyyy to early. I posted some percentages above, we have a 31% chance of seeing snow in the Triad area which would be the most likely area. I would wait until the Euro data and most of It’s ensemble members show something. Plus you don’t want to Jinx us

This GFS run is kind of what I'm thinking if this thing happens. Overrunning with a winter storm in parts of the western SE and upper south.

The BAD news however, is honestly this appearing this soon. Is there still a major suppression problem? If so, then buckle up as we're going to see some more north corrections.

Lets try to save this snow map (10:1 ratio). Do we see anywhere in the ballpark of this?

1573014425952.png

I'll give the GFS some credit, it's snuffed out a few things I think in the last month or so, just has been too cold in doing so. I have a feeling in the back of my head that the suppression issue is still a major problem.

Otherwise, I'd be like *tries to think of a way to get up to NC*.

Is it January or is it November?

1573014720409.png

I should also say that I showed to my dad a HIGH temperature map for next week from the Euro earlier today and it spawned him calling up his HVAC mechanic for maintenance this week.

Back