• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Such a terrible setup for SC. I can’t stress that enough. It’s early November and I’m already having Deja Vu. Or maybe that’s just the PTSD.

Such a terrible setup for SC. I can’t stress that enough. It’s early November and I’m already having Deja Vu. Or maybe that’s just the PTSD.
So gfs went from suppression to blockbuster NC storm in about 3 runs! Best model ever!

While we like these trends and that NS energy slowing down, we don’t want that to happen to much, WAR starting to make its self known, at this point tho it would just increase the moisture so it’s not a bad thing right now View attachment 25481
It will continue to trend north on incoming runs to look more like Euro/Icon. Here we go get away Look at that orange BLOB sneaking back in??‍♂️ If it’s not the SER it’s the WAR.

As much as we talk about how the GFS has a cold bias in the longer term, the parent sfc high that enters the upper midwest around day 5-6 has actually been getting significantly stronger on the GFS (green contour = statistically significant trend at the 99% conf. level)

gfs_mslptrend_us_13.png

This makes more sense if you also look at the z500 trend which shows a deepening trough over the upper midwest but also take note of the larger SE US ridge.

The deeper upper midwest trough = lower heights & thus colder air aloft >>> air sinks & sfc pressures rise.

gfs_z500trend_us_13.png

I feel like everything wintery forming along that arctic boundary as it swings through is completely anafrontal stuff aka not real. Where will the low pop is the real question. If last year taught us anything it was that a strong cold push can cause that thing to bloom too late

The very cold arctic air is coming, so why not a storm.

Back