• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Discussion

Yes I agree. I barely missed those flurries you got in late Dec just to my south in the upstate where your at. I thought I seen a couple tiny ones in the street light that night. I remember 2 cold shots in early January and mid February of 2012 nothing like we had at Christmas this year but a day or two with highs around freezing and that winter was warmer as a whole like you said and when we hit March that year we went straight to Summer. I'm just snow deprived. You know it's bad when we have to bring up 2011-12 into the conversation.

If we had hit the clipper right after Christmas, the late January messy pattern had gotten something or the March sleet storm had can colder I think most would have been fine with this year. If I remember 11-12 correctly outside of a random thing in Feb we weren't really even close. Either way they both were disappointing in the snow dept

If we had hit the clipper right after Christmas, the late January messy pattern had gotten something or the March sleet storm had can colder I think most would have been fine with this year. If I remember 11-12 correctly outside of a random thing in Feb we weren't really even close. Either way they both were disappointing in the snow dept
This year stings for me, first time in a long time I received zilch.

Next week is gonna be a shock to the system; I'm personally NOT looking forward to the heat. My point and click is up to 85 on Mon and 87 on Tues which is going to be tough after the last couple of weeks. I noticed the forecast is actually higher than any of the models for my immediate area so hopefully it will bust a bit low. Regardless, the heat is coming; its just that time of year.

Brutal.

It's interesting how it's location dependent though even in nc. 2 traces and a dusting of sleet for me this year which puts it ahead of 05-6 11-12
We had a major icestorm in the CAD regions of the Carolina's and GA in Dec 2005 and then never got close to anything wintry the rest of the way. We did not get one flake of snow or any sleet in 2011-12 or this winter. Plenty of rain though, including around 7 inches of it from last Wednesday through Sunday morning.

Yes I agree. I barely missed those flurries you got in late Dec just to my south in the upstate where your at. I thought I seen a couple tiny ones in the street light that night. I remember 2 cold shots in early January and mid February of 2012 nothing like we had at Christmas this year but a day or two with highs around freezing and that winter was warmer as a whole like you said and when we hit March that year we went straight to Summer. I'm just snow deprived. You know it's bad when we have to bring up 2011-12 into the conversation.
Nah you fellows aren't remembering correctly. This winter was warmer than 11-12, at least in Charlotte. 11-12 doesn't even make the list. In fact there have been several warmer than 11-12 recently but they had snow so they didn't feel that bad. The last 5/6 years have been brutal for cold winters around here. But March 2012 was basically summer so maybe that's why everyone thinks it was so warm. Screenshot_20230505_132550_Gallery.jpg

Nah you fellows aren't remembering correctly. This winter was warmer than 11-12, at least in Charlotte. 11-12 doesn't even make the list. In fact there have been several warmer than 11-12 recently but they had snow so they didn't feel that bad. The last 5/6 years have been brutal for cold winters around here. But March 2012 was basically summer so maybe that's why everyone thinks it was so warm. View attachment 135112
Yeah, the thing about 2011-12 is that while there were no snow opportunities outside the system that effected the I-40 corridor in February, it wasn’t rediculously warm that winter… just a lot days a few degrees above average and basically no Arctic cold to speak of.

Nah you fellows aren't remembering correctly. This winter was warmer than 11-12, at least in Charlotte. 11-12 doesn't even make the list. In fact there have been several warmer than 11-12 recently but they had snow so they didn't feel that bad. The last 5/6 years have been brutal for cold winters around here. But March 2012 was basically summer so maybe that's why everyone thinks it was so warm. View attachment 135112
Could be memory failing but seems that January & Feb was brutal,
Normally GSP & Charlotte r very similar but maybe this was a rare year that it wasn't.

Could be memory failing but seems that January & Feb was brutal,
Normally GSP & Charlotte r very similar but maybe this was a rare year that it wasn't.
Dec 2011 was +2.9, Jan 2012 was +2.9 and Feb 2012 was +2.1 at GSP. Dec 2022 was -1.5, Jan 2023 was +5.2 and Feb 2023 was +7.1 at GSP. Even though Dec was below average this winter it didn't erase the extreme warmth of Jan and Feb. So overall way warmer than 11-12 overall and just as snowless. This winter was a complete dumpster fire!

Dec 2011 was +2.9, Jan 2012 was +2.9 and Feb 2012 was +2.1 at GSP. Dec 2022 was -1.5, Jan 2023 was +5.2 and Feb 2023 was +7.1 at GSP. Even though Dec was below average this winter it didn't erase the extreme warmth of Jan and Feb. So overall way warmer than 11-12 overall and just as snowless. This winter was a complete dumpster fire!

Not to mention areas west weren't even below average for December.

Back