• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Discussion

Picked up some sticks, threw some cornhole bags, sat on the porch, ate lunch on the screened porch, rode the golf cart around the neighborhood, and took a walk. Sucks doing all of that when its 90 degrees and humid.
While I don't enjoy 90s and humid I also don't enjoy low 60s with 20-30 mph winds, some low 80s would be fine right now. I've got that cool wet weather grass (has little white flowers or seeds, don't know what it's called) trying to over take my centipede. And if winds die down tonight I might have a huge set back with my garden.

And who the heck has time to do all that in a day, must be nice

While I don't enjoy 90s and humid I also don't enjoy low 60s with 20-30 mph winds, some low 80s would be fine right now. I've got that cool wet weather grass (has little white flowers or seeds, don't know what it's called) trying to over take my centipede. And if winds die down tonight I might have a huge set back with my garden.

I live the good life.

Poa annua, atrazine will smoke it

Unbelievable in May and most of us in the se couldn't buy one single flake this winter from November through March. For some strange reason I think 2011-12 was a better winter than the past one. I swear I thought I seen one lone snowflake that winter but I could of been seeing things. On to the furnace weather soon enough.

Unbelievable in May and most of us in the se couldn't buy one single flake this winter from November through March. For some strange reason I think 2011-12 was a better winter than the past one. I swear I thought I seen one lone snowflake that winter but I could of been seeing things. On to the furnace weather soon enough.
This winter was definitely warmer than 11-12 and less snowy for everyone east of the mtns I'm sure. 11-12 parts of the foothills of NC over toward GSO received a couple inches of snow. Pretty sure no one received more than a dusting this year anywhere outside the mtns.

This winter was definitely warmer than 11-12 and less snowy for everyone east of the mtns I'm sure. 11-12 parts of the foothills of NC over toward GSO received a couple inches of snow. Pretty sure no one received more than a dusting this year anywhere outside the mtns.
I know it. Your right. I didn't get anything either winter more than a handful of sleet pellets. Just a handful. Pitiful for sure where we live.

I know it. Your right. I didn't get anything either winter more than a handful of sleet pellets. Just a handful. Pitiful for sure where we live.
I think 11-12 was worse.
I seen flakes here in Late Dec for 20 mins or so.
If memory serves 11-12 had many more days in mid winter from 60-70.
Yes we didn't get an area wide snow but it did get cold from time to time this year.
That year a good portion of winter was Sunny & very warm in the day time.
At least in the cad areas we did stay pretty seasonable when the sun wasn't out.
Which happened Quite often this year.
I just don't remember many cloudy days that winter..
But I'm getting old so maybe my memory fails me.

I think 11-12 was worse.
I seen flakes here in Late Dec for 20 mins or so.
If memory serves 11-12 had many more days in mid winter from 60-70.
Yes we didn't get an area wide snow but it did get cold from time to time this year.
That year a good portion of winter was Sunny & very warm in the day time.
At least in the cad areas we did stay pretty seasonable when the sun wasn't out.
Which happened Quite often this year.
I just don't remember many cloudy days that winter..
But I'm getting old so maybe my memory fails me.
Yes I agree. I barely missed those flurries you got in late Dec just to my south in the upstate where your at. I thought I seen a couple tiny ones in the street light that night. I remember 2 cold shots in early January and mid February of 2012 nothing like we had at Christmas this year but a day or two with highs around freezing and that winter was warmer as a whole like you said and when we hit March that year we went straight to Summer. I'm just snow deprived. You know it's bad when we have to bring up 2011-12 into the conversation.

Back