• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Yanceyville NC storm just went special weather statement

Nice little cell north of Atlanta. Might even be small hail with it.

Edit: now I’m under a special weather statement for 40 mph winds and penny sized hail. Lol. I think it should miss me to the south though.6AC1B7F7-C27A-49BE-A400-CD22162B2021.png

This wind is fierce! Had a brief shower but the wind is blowing everything over.

Just stating the obvious, going to be insanely cold for this time of the year Sunday morning, many outlying areas may see a heavy frost or light freeze, which is about a month later than usual.

View attachment 41068

View attachment 41069
Scary part is that is probably still too warm by a solid 3-4 degrees . Much of central NC will tie or break their all time May records, trees will be heavily damaged making for a nice brown June. Its ok though we will pay for the ag impact of this in the grocery stores... as if NC farmers needed this disaster.

Just stating the obvious, going to be insanely cold for this time of the year Sunday morning, many outlying areas may see a heavy frost or light freeze, which is about a month later than usual.

View attachment 41068

View attachment 41069
BOOO!!! I can't believe I'm going to have to cover my garden this time of year. I truly dislike this weather pattern. I'm ready for the hot/humid thunderstorm pattern to develop!!

BOOO!!! I can't believe I'm going to have to cover my garden this time of year. I truly dislike this weather pattern. I'm ready for the hot/humid thunderstorm pattern to develop!!

Facts man, bring on the summer storms, where I can get more than one lightning bolt into my shots since storms in the summer typically have better lightning density

January in May? Who would have ever thought in a million years that it was possible to see Janaury weather in the middle of May at a time of year when sun angles are over 70 degrees at peak. A part of me just doesnt believe it will be that cold. Yall remember april 2007? This is 300 times worse .

Im sorry I just dont think its possible for Asheville to be 42 degrees at noon in middle of may with sun angles over 70 under 110% clear skies.

Back