• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

15 days out is a long way from now.
I know it is but I think we will hit 90 at some point this month. About 2-3 weeks from now is when I think the heat is going to start cranking. The way I look at it is that I see it close in a general sense since it’s May as opposed to February.

Seems like after this deep trough lifts, gfs/gefs wants to bring back this broad/flat upper level ridge like we’ve had for the past 2 days 6A91CE0B-9F7B-4385-9B03-145AF2AA3178.png

The most pleasant May wx in many years is on the way to the SE from late 5/6 through 5/14. I’m so looking forward to it. During much of this period, dewpoints even way down here are projected to be incredibly low for May (almost like winter) with 30s-40s most of this period! Highs will be mainly 70-80 with many lows near the low 50s with upper 40s even possible!

My mothers day low is now 34:oops: Really not good for those in good radiational cooling areas.
I’m now at 32 on Saturday and 35 on Sunday but I’m usually a degree or two lower than that. I’ve got countless blueberries and apples the size of quarters I’m worried about in addition to the Maters.

All systems are go for the lengthy comfortably cool and dry pattern dominating the next 10 days in the SE US. Enjoy it while you can! This is typical of mid summer Colorado Rockies weather and is more typical of early to mid April weather in the SE with a few days typical of as far back as mid to late March!

Last edited:
All systems are go for the lengthy comfortably cool pattern dominating the next 10 days in the SE US. Enjoy it while you can! This is typical of mid summer Colorado Rockies weather and is more typical of early to mid April weather in the SE with a few days typical of as far back as mid to late March!
The Colorado Rockies sound like a wonderful place to be in the summer.

The Colorado Rockies sound like a wonderful place to be in the summer.

I’ve been there several times in summer. It is an absolutely fabulous and refreshing escape from the SE heat and humidity. And then add the backdrop of incredible scenery and beautiful wildflowers as icing on the cake.
So, now we get to experience typical July CO Rockies weather for 10 days before the typical sweaty SE summer doldrums likely set in and dominate the subsequent 120+ days. I know I’ll soak in the precious next 10 days!

Dang, NWS RAH has dropped MBY's forecasted low to 34 Sunday morning. And 33 for GSO, which is where I'll be this weekend (Mother's Day). That's only a few degrees above our all-time record low for the month of May.

Here you go, pretty hot on the gfs if you ask me, climo is eventually gonna win out View attachment 41053View attachment 41054

Due to the always present cold bias due to model imperfection, which is strongest with the GEFS, I’d definitely add a few degrees into most of these numbers. But even with that, it looks near perfect from my perspective for the next or so 10 days. A true gift.

Here you go, pretty hot on the gfs if you ask me, climo is eventually gonna win out
Yeah not a lot of choices of where to go once the NAO breaks down and the pacific ridge gets undercut so SW trough/SE ridge it is. Not sure how long that lasts though, to me the last third of the month looks a little chaotic as we may lose the higher amplitude setups. I say that to say I am not sure that severe season is over for our region and we may end up with one last round later in the month.

Yeah not a lot of choices of where to go once the NAO breaks down and the pacific ridge gets undercut so SW trough/SE ridge it is. Not sure how long that lasts though, to me the last third of the month looks a little chaotic as we may lose the higher amplitude setups. I say that to say I am not sure that severe season is over for our region and we may end up with one last round later in the month.
Agree with u. This just isn’t a normal year seems

Back