• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Except that its May and its not like it can remain cold forever, plus as was mentioned by SD if I am not mistaken the existence of this cold protends a risk for severe weather around the time of pattern transition as cold/ warm air duke it out. To avoid severe weather you would want the warmer air to have been established with a summer pattern by now. Existence of this cold only delays the inevitable transition and severe risk it could bring with it.

Yeah not the mention the AG effects this cold is probably going to cause will be big, but yeah as seen 2 days ago with a transition we got severe, but anyways yeah at this point this cold is just damaging

Bermuda grass looks weirdly patchy, this cool down needs to go, I bet there was more damage done then just that
Mine looks like dog ---- lots of seed heads from the stress over the last 30 days and not very green. Once we hit the 70s to 80s by next weekend whatever survives will take off

Yeah not the mention the AG effects this cold is probably going to cause will be big, but yeah as seen 2 days ago with a transition we got severe, but anyways yeah at this point this cold is just damaging
Soil temps in the low 60s isn't that great for warm season plants. As that drops back into the 50s coupled with air temps in the 30s plants are going to stress. As long as we don't get a freeze there will be damage and stress but not a full on disaster. If we see temps getting into that 29-31 range there will be a good amount of loss but some things will make it, 28 or below would be pretty disastrous

Except that its May and its not like it can remain cold forever, plus as was mentioned by SD if I am not mistaken the existence of this cold protends a risk for severe weather around the time of pattern transition as cold/ warm air duke it out. To avoid severe weather you would want the warmer air to have been established with a summer pattern by now. Existence of this cold only delays the inevitable transition and severe risk it could bring with it.
Yeah if you look at the gfs you can see energy moving through on the west/north fringe of the ridge. We probably won't have the better jet energy we have earlier in spring but that may be off set by better thermodynamics. I am not the biggest fan of the D8-12 period with the focus being west and northern parts of the region

Look at it this way if it’s cold. There is no severe weather. So I’d rather cold and stable weather then have hot unstable and Tornadoes!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But having cold around means the jet is south and not in Canada. With poss severe outbreaks nearby. Rather be HOT with the jet in Canada producing tornadoes.

But having cold around means the jet is south and not in Canada. With poss severe outbreaks nearby. Rather be HOT with the jet in Canada producing tornadoes.

Even in dog days of summer you have the humidity isolated thunderstorms. Occasionally you get damaging winds and microburst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone wanna create a Snow/Freeze thread? May be warranted since several sites could break latest snow on record or Top 2 so late in the year. My NWS says 1-2” for NC mountains with wind snow possible as Far East at the blue ridge. Plus Agricultural impacts for the piedmont.

22 is the forecast low for anyone chasing to Beech Mountain, NC. Expect ice for Mother’s Day underneath the snow pack.

40 here this morning. The GFS now is up to 36 on Saturday and 35 Sunday. FFC mentioned that Saturday morning will have a "desiccating wind" which they say could be more damaging than a frost.

47º and still tonight is the Hogtown NWS forecast ... so looking forward to a walk before sunrise!!!!! Hell, I'd welcome a frost, and if the radiator works, it might could do one on the roofs ... ;)

The OKC alley is beginning today. 5% of tornadoes pretty much over the metro area.

47º and still tonight is the Hogtown NWS forecast ... so looking forward to a walk before sunrise!!!!! Hell, I'd welcome a frost, and if the radiator works, it might could do one on the roofs ... ;)

Today/tonight in the deep SE has been more typical of late March than early May! Current temps in the deep SE SAV-GNV corridor low 70s w/RH of 25-30/DPs of 34-39 and a nice breeze still bringing in dry, continental air. It doesn't get much better than this on May 7th. Lots of mid to upper 40 lows for this corridor tonight. The walks tonight for me/before sunrise for you should be fabulous. SAV looks to have a similarly chilly night Sat night with near ideal wx for May through most of the period through Wednesday!

This pattern is a beautiful bonus for the deep SE! We're having CO Rocky Mountain midsummer like wx! This is why I've made several summer trips there over the years.

Very likely once in a lifetime , hell once in 2 lifetimes weather event taking place here saturday. A freeze this late.

Im looking forward to everything being dead and brown again, its just so crisp really. Dead wildflowers, dead honeysuckle... mmmm i love the wonderful smell of dead honeysuckle. Nothing screams its almost summer time like the seducing smell of dead honeysuckle, brown grass, and the juicy ripe taste of dead blackberry blooms that you pick off and eat. Mmmmmm

Back