• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

I'm far away from storms here and have the most random gusty winds for a solid 10-15 minutes now with no rain like this is better than any storm I've seen lately lol

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Brief strong winds 30 to 40 mph with some gusts to 50
mph.

Last edited:
Interesting that RAH is starting to talk about potential clouds Sunday morning and T/Td spreads possibly limiting frost. EPS/GEFS/Euro are all at 41 for MBY, with a min member of 33 but most clustered between 38 and 43. Obviously there are variables in play here that could cause these to bust too high but I am starting to feel slightly better that maybe we escape Sunday morning without a widespread frost/light freeze

Phil, Any Hogtown temp update before you sign off for the night? My walk has been fantastic.
Already falling into the upper 50s here! DP still in high 30s. Remarkable for May 7.
Sorry for late news, Larry; I ate supper and was so tired I simply dozed off ... bottomed at 44º right at first light this AM. Refreshing ... :)

It felt soooooo chilly yesterday when we were hiking in the woods in the Phinizy Swamp. It was crazy. Our thermometer can run cooler, but we only hit 69. Day 1 of really cool days for May was a success.

Might honestly need a flannel blanket for one of the days on the weekend.

It felt soooooo chilly yesterday when we were hiking in the woods in the Phinizy Swamp. It was crazy. Our thermometer can run cooler, but we only hit 69. Day 1 of really cool days for May was a success.

Might honestly need a flannel blanket for one of the days on the weekend.
Planning on lighting up the fireplace Saturday morning! One last fling before hot and humid for 5 months. I hope the summer is kind to us.

Phil, I wouldn’t worry about it, especially it being a day 16 map of an operational GFS. It is essentially worthless.
I continue to hold out hope that this season will turn out to be a big bust in a good way.
Not worried at all, but it beat thinking about virus/politics for 2 minutes ... ;)

Euro wants to make me think we might see some severe weather appearing by next weekend into the next week. GFS is more of some severe along the wedge boundary again. Either way the thermodynamics will be there just a question of how stout is the SE ridge and can we get any forcing and jet into the region

Euro wants to make me think we might see some severe weather appearing by next weekend into the next week. GFS is more of some severe along the wedge boundary again. Either way the thermodynamics will be there just a question of how stout is the SE ridge and can we get any forcing and jet into the region
Yeah GFS solution wouldn’t shock me giving the upstate of SCs runs so far with supercells this year, haha 362BF175-9E07-4E3B-8124-0CE29181E176.png

Yeah GFS solution wouldn’t shock me giving the upstate of SCs runs so far with supercells this year, haha
CMC agrees, Euro is like lol nah bruh. I have a sneak suspicion as we get closer we might see a few more low amplitude impulses start showing in the WSW flow and this trends toward a few complexes moving across the region.

Well, temps busted BIG time here. Was supposed to hit 68. Only got to 59, not that I am complaining...

Back