• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Marvelous March

The term lackluster doesn't even do this justice. Really frustrating that we may be looking at 2 coastals in the same winter that don't trend NW in our favor when every other stinking winter storm trends NW 99% of the time.

UKMET_6HrPrecip_SE_19-03-01_12Z_FHr102_TW.PNG

The term lackluster doesn't even do this justice. Really frustrating that we may be looking at 2 coastals in the same winter that don't trend NW in our favor when every other stinking winter storm trends NW 99% of the time.

View attachment 17040
Remember it’s all about inside 72 hours ... let’s see how nam will trend it ... also at this point I am totally down to just see a coating hahaha

I believe the upstate can write off any winter weather next week and beyond. Just not enough blocking to keep the systems to the south. Without blocking winters around here will pretty much suck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Damn this is close
(Ensembles)
In my opinion just one tiny snowflake is a W, also if this thing can just have more strength to it it could be much better which is highly unlikely
0F97E380-45C1-4474-9311-4633A7C2B81A.gif

The 12Z Euro's H5 longwave trough is slightly west of its 0Z position and therefore may end up slightly better for NC with perhaps precip getting slightly closer to NC although temps are likely to be slightly warmer. Double edged sword. But to have any chance at all, you have to get the precip closer obviously. We'll see.

The 12Z Euro's H5 longwave trough is slightly west of its 0Z position and therefore may end up slightly better for NC with perhaps precip getting slightly closer to NC although temps are likely to be slightly warmer. Double edged sword. But to have any chance at all, you have to get the precip closer obviously. We'll see.

Yep better but like you said sfc temps may struggle a bit
416D3905-4D2F-4586-AA36-26A5A9C185BA.gif

Damn this is close
(Ensembles)
In my opinion just one tiny snowflake is a W, also if this thing can just have more strength to it it could be much better which is highly unlikely
View attachment 17046

Some things that are interesting to note, there's a lot less variance in the positioning of the LP of the west coast as well as the HP center over KS/OK. Makes you think that we're still a little ways away from figuring out exactly how this wave will track.

Also the GL low solutions went away.

What happened? The precip's NW edge ended up 25 miles closer to Cape Hatteras or about 50 miles SE. Temps warmed very slightly at 850 and 2M though 850s still sub -4C in most of NC.

What happened? The precip's NW edge ended up 25 miles closer to Cape Hatteras or about 50 miles SE. Temps warmed very slightly at 850 and 2M though 850s still sub -4C in most of NC.
25 miles a day by the time of verification and I'll be happy... thanks for the update. Still doable imo but a fine line we walk of course with temps

Welp the conclusion so far from 12z guidance is that things can still change but the question is how far can it go ?

25 miles a day by the time of verification and I'll be happy... thanks for the update. Still doable imo but a fine line we walk of course with temps

You're welcome. Keep in mind the precip was 25 miles closer just since the run of 12 hours earlier, not vs 24 hours back as myfro is comparing to.

You're welcome. Keep in mind the precip was 25 miles closer just since the run of 12 hours earlier, not vs 24 hours back as myfro is comparing to.

Yeah, idk why but TT compares the euro from 24 hours ago and you can’t change that ?

Gotcha.... lol ok slow down then, 50 miles a day and it'll be too far NW

Yeah, idk why but TT compares the euro from 24 hours ago and you can’t change that ?

Because they are 24 hr frames and it's comparing same validation time.

I believe the upstate can write off any winter weather next week and beyond. Just not enough blocking to keep the systems to the south. Without blocking winters around here will pretty much suck.

We can do fine with a +PNA, that’s what has been missing this year, and how we have scored the last few years, with no blocking. Thread the needle

We can do fine with a +PNA, that’s what has been missing this year, and how we have scored the last few years, with no blocking. Thread the needle
Right but who enjoys threading the needle when it comes to winter? We know that hardly ever works here.

Back