• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 9-10 Arklatex/Lower MS Valley/Gulf Coast Severe threat

The day 5 outlook looks like the same areas that just had the tornado outbreak.
The only main difference is the general Day 4 to Day 5 transition as the storm passes from NW to SE perhaps guessing more points North will be exposed to this system?

Man hope not those guys need a break in South AL/GA and carolinas

Wedge in full effect for the Carolinas!

Yeap the difference of living North of I-20 and West of ATL and East of ATL everyone on the Western side of that usually don't benefit from the wedge on into March and April and are usually hyper aware of Severe weather

Sigtor
6z run at 18z Saturday
stp.conus.png

12z run at 18z Saturday
stp.conus.png

Looks like parameters are stronger and actually more widespread even into AL looks to be affected at that timestamp compard to previous run

Concerning sounding from North AL, decently moist from the SFC to 700 hPa, good amounts of 3CAPE to allow initial good vertical stretching/good updraft development, strongly veered winds, huge amounts of helicity, good SBcape, lapses are a bit eh but this is very identical to the soundings we had with this last outbreak, but once again we run into a possible thing that could limit this, there’s not really no Capping or EML, thing is tho this sounding is similar to last setups and if these storms could find a good area to breath (stay separated from each other) or tap truly into that strong wind energy, than big oof, also that hodo is concerning, and very similar to the hodos i saw last setup, as you can see with the storm slinky motions would be NW
2FC1AFBB-E938-4C95-A8DD-8D4D122EDE2C.png

Concerning sounding from North AL, decently moist from the SFC to 700 hPa, good amounts of 3CAPE to allow initial good vertical stretching/good updraft development, strongly veered winds, huge amounts of helicity, good SBcape, lapses are a bit eh but this is very identical to the soundings we had with this last outbreak, but once again we run into a possible thing that could limit this, there’s not really no Capping or EML, thing is tho this sounding is similar to last setups and if these storms could find a good area to breath (stay separated from each other) or tap truly into that strong wind energy, than big oof, also that hodo is concerning, and very similar to the hodos i saw last setup, as you can see with the storm slinky motions would be NW
View attachment 17442

Much better than a few days ago.

18z NAM spitting out PDS TOR soundings all over the place in Ark,LA,MS,TN. Confidence growing in a dangerous threat.

Edit: Threat also exist overnight in a lot of these places and Alabama. Diminishes, but still there.

I hate hearing that, please nomore severe wx, I’m about to look at soundings now

Oh boy, some weak capping here which would keep things more separated, good 3CAPE, large SRH along with strong wind energy, still a good column of moisture from the sfc to about 800 hPa and then some drying aloft, decent CAPE sounding, probably one of the worst soundings I’ve seen for the SE this year, this is from northern AL
337EEC4E-1142-457E-9AC6-FCC2B549E0FB.png

Brad travis not sounding too alarmed right now says our weather in north Alabama depends on a boundary where it is could give us rain all day and diminish the severe threat again that's as of now for north Alabama

Brad travis not sounding too alarmed right now says our weather in north Alabama depends on a boundary where it is could give us rain all day and diminish the severe threat again that's as of now for north Alabama
I heard him say this last night. I hope it is still true. I'm in North Alabama too.

Back