• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Should see a pressure drop of a few mb, signifying its transitioning to EX tropical. Right?

I can see the trees moving back n forth now pretty good last half hour up by the airport. But nothing out of ordinary. And its been pouring the rain. Thinking center circulation has to get off to our east then the wind event advertised on models will come sweeping in.

So how is everyone’s power holding up I haven’t seen any real massive outages in Georgia or SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess that depends on what we consider massive, according to the outage maps and reports nearly 250,000 without power across those two states.
So how is everyone’s power holding up I haven’t seen any real massive outages in Georgia or SC

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

All good in Charleston. Wind and rain between 3am and 5am were more serious than anything else today.

Having problems trying to load the gif from TT here on mobile, but it's looking like that trailing band is already intensifying (right word?). This is gonna get ugly, I've already seen gusts over 20mph here, and the sustained has definitely picked up as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

clt_None_anim.gif

Picking up for sure here in Charlotte. After dying down in the late morning it's gotten much more squally over the past 30 minutes or so. Power just flickered at the office (south Charlotte, almost Pineville) and I imagine we'll see more of that before things quiet down for good.

Picking up for sure here in Charlotte. After dying down in the late morning it's gotten much more squally over the past 30 minutes or so. Power just flickered at the office (south Charlotte, almost Pineville) and I imagine we'll see more of that before things quiet down for good.
Stuff has picked up over here in N. Charlotte too.

Now that it's game time for that line of intense wind to start developing, the HRRRRRR backs off. Probably see some 40-50 mph gusts max roll through later.

Back