• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Tons of October beachgoers this week with Fall Break happening in many parts of the South. Yet another concerning part of this.

I just got back from Port St. Joe which is pretty much in between Panama City and Apalachicola. I talked to several people on the beach that were going to ride it out. I was looking at their kids thinking to myself about irresponsible and stupid it was to put them in harms way like that. I just pray they’ve wised up since yesterday.

I just got back from Port St. Joe which is pretty much in between Panama City and Apalachicola. I talked to several people on the beach that were going to ride it out. I was looking at their kids thinking to myself about irresponsible and stupid it was to put them in harms way like that. I just pray they’ve wised up since yesterday.
I hope people listen because I’ve heard some bridges are closing once winds reach 40 mph

Unfortunately this is what happens when North and South Carolina evacuate the coast for a rain storm (a bad rain storm). The way the media hyped Florence is why we’re in this position. Major hit incoming for the panhandle of Florida. Maybe they can seed this thing and at least keep it at a Category 3

Looking at Longeave IR, cloud tops are not as cold as they were an hour and a half ago. Mostly on the southeast and eastern side. Any experts care to comment on what that means?

Looking at Longeave IR, cloud tops are not as cold as they were an hour and a half ago. Mostly on the southeast and eastern side. Any experts care to comment on what that means?
According to KK, we are on the better end of the storm!! She’s saying top gusts to 25mph, Johnny C says 40+?? What will it be?

Have you heard anything about Columbia?
it looks like the remnants are going to go right over the city! However sting it is at landfall and it’s forward speed, I’d expect 40-60mph gusts atleast! CAE is about 1 county away from being under a tropical storm watch

Let me reiterate from a few days ago, the Midlands of SC will experience more power loss and damage than what Florence did. A 50 mile shift West or East makes a difference in rainfall amounts and tornado threats, especially, but either way it's going to be a bigger deal.

Looks to be leveling out or back to just slow strengthening. I have to give the models credit, they are doing a decent job on intensity. If they are right, the next good increase in strength will happen as it it turns NE toward the coast.

Back