• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

There is no where near as much hype for this storm as there was with Florence. I am terrified for the ramifications that are to come because of this...

Hurricane Ivan was the first Hurricane I went through and even 80 miles inland, it was the worst storm of my life, I don't understand the rationale behind being nonchalant about a Category 3 Hurricane.

The deeper that trough digs would mean the further south though right? I'm sure the ridge is going to win out and the track be a bit north or pretty close to the forecast at the moment.
I actually think the more it digs the better chance it pulls it more north longer.... upper level winds more S to N

Here in the panhandle things are business as usual. Much different than with Florence. Businesses are open people don’t seem worried, no emergency crews around. Wouldn’t guess a major hurricane was 18 hours out
God have mercy on their souls. If this thing keeps getting stronger than it already is it will be history!

Very worrisome people not taking seriously. I still remember Opal vividly coming through overnight. I also remember Eloise, but not as vividly. With Opal, it came through overnight. Those were the days before Internet was very widespread and certainly nothing like the boards and info we have today. I slept that night ... woke up some hearing the wind but thought nothing about it. Woke up the next day and trees were down everywhere, but thankfully, nothing fell on our house. I was so stupid not to be in our basement, but the Lord protected us from my ignorance. It was just at tropical storm strength when it passed through. The models are pretty set, but with this strong of a cane, I still am not certain we won't feel strong impacts in our area just west of Atlanta. Be safe everyone! Heed warnings!

Already getting gusts to 25 out of the East or so the last hour here in Lithia Springs west of ATL with the gradient between Michael and the High Pressure. Hoping it doesn’t get much higher than this the next day or two. I pray people in the panhandle have evacuated...Michael means business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As scary as this is to say, this is almost a PERFECT setup for a BIG hit on the SE for a hurricane. We have had DAYS of a very tropical moist flow out of the W ATL, GOM And Caribbean that has helped to really keep the whole area filled with moisture. yes a dry punch is coming down from the NW (front coming in) but I don't see that honestly being a big factor to help weaken it at this point

I actually think the more it digs the better chance it pulls it more north longer.... upper level winds more S to N
It's a concave bowling alley and if the lane changes the ball is gonna roll with the change ... path of least resistance ... and though time is short, maybe too short, any quick or even slow but strong movement from the west could cause all sorts of commotion ...

As scary as this is to say, this is almost a PERFECT setup for a BIG hit on the SE for a hurricane. We have had DAYS of a very tropical moist flow out of the W ATL, GOM And Caribbean that has helped to really keep the whole area filled with moisture. yes a dry punch is coming down from the NW (front coming in) but I don't see that honestly being a big factor to help weaken it at this point
weaken isn't the issue IMHO ... direction is ...

Back