• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
c2525b7b05397b59db9beb5c668dc5329632467902f9811a000c98e5e84dc067.gif

Just a guess because there is way too much uncertainty at this time but I have a bad feeling this could be a Hazel 1954 redux. :(

Everyone in the US from Texas to Maine should be monitoring the progress of this storm because there really is a legitimate amount of uncertainty atm to substantiate all these areas as potentially being threatened by Irma.

Everyone in the US from Texas to Maine should be monitoring the progress of this storm because there really is a legitimate amount of uncertainty atm to substantiate all these areas as potentially being threatened by Irma.
So well said ... so true ... Thanks Webb, b/c lots of folks hang on what you have to say ... ;)

The shift is getting quite scary. Still, any solution is possible. We should get a better idea when the planes start actually doing stuff. Still then, I think by the time it reaches Puerto Rico area, we should have a much better idea.
Thank you!

Euro EPS southern cluster and loop accu35 showing the shift gotta raise some eyebrows...as Shane several others posted need that recon in there get some data to input into model data so maybe we can get little more clarity on upper levels

Great post! The animation shows that the westward shift has been continuous over the course of these last 5 runs and still doesn't show a sign of slowing down. Therefore, I feel like there will likely be more westward shifts in upcoming runs meaning a continued increasing Gulf threat in the near future from the rather low Gulf threat suggested in recent days. That's not to say that FL and the east coast of the US don't remain threatened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back