• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this scenario were to play out with the cad in place as Irma plows into that, would the wedge enhance the tornado threat (along the boundary), mitigate it or basically have no effect.
It almost looks like Irma destroys the wedge and pushes it west and east, then pushes it's cooler air around it. I would say it would be a very high risk.

12Z GFS would indicate some inland issues in the upstate/southern mountains as well.

LOL at the people essentially wishcasting this thing in to their backyard. One of the worst operational models is being took to the bank because its what people want to see. The Euro isnt named the King for nothing.

For a FYI: In which nobody cares, The 12z CMC came further east with track still in eastern GOM but came east this is the kind of trends I look @ when models are far out!

LOL at the people essentially wishcasting this thing in to their backyard. One of the worst operational models is being took to the bank because its what people want to see. The Euro isnt named the King for nothing.
No It isn't, but the euro has been terrible in the short range this year. When this gets closer to Cuba, we can start to throw the global models out IMO. The HWRF and HMON should be given more weight then and now too.

On here or other forms of social media/forums? I'm not seeing wishcasting on here only people stating what a model is showing....

No It isn't, but the euro has been terrible in the short range this year. When this gets closer to Cuba, we can start to throw the global models out IMO. The HWRF and HMON should be given more weight then and now too.
I agree, this close to home the Op models are not as reliable for direction like the short range models are. Thats my take

The Nam should be looked at here soon as we enter closer in time

12z CMC is a Macon special
2271230ad0e5bbb38a634cde184515c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

CMC west gfs east. Ensembles split the middle which is a Florida landfall . I bet thats what we see with the Euro

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back