• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like it'd make landfall around Savannah or maybe Hilton Head

Entire coast from Miami up gets raked

If the trend to the east continue may be a OTS storm crossing fingers!!
I'm still not sure about OTS. The ridge is building in from the west fast overhead and stronger too. That would prevent OTS. OBX I would say is a farthest east at the moment, unfortunately. We need the other models before drawing conclusions about 12z.

I'm still not sure about OTS. The ridge is building in from the west fast overhead and stronger too. That would prevent OTS. OBX I would say is a farthest east at the moment, unfortunately. We need the other models before drawing conclusions about 12z.
Agreed if Euro trends east then it may be onto something.... CMC cruising thru Cuba, model madness

It could be one of those situation were Irma hits Fl runs just enough when a strong ridge builds in forces back towards a west/ wnw? This run has central/north bama into little action

So if this scenario were to play out with the cad in place as Irma plows into that, would the wedge enhance the tornado threat (along the boundary), mitigate it or basically have no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back