• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webber mentioned this earlier
4b2334a2e62fd718a73189705e67d2af.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
He had mentioned it seemed to be a wobble. Looking at the current loop, it is headed back WSW again.

I'm only trying to explain what's going on in "x" scenario and provide a broader physical interpretation and get others (esp new bloggers who may not be as familiar w/ meteorology and may take these model runs as forecasts) to recognize the vastness of the amount of uncertainty at hand here as opposed to regurgitating a model and not digging any deeper into the physicality behind it.
I know - I was not being critical at all; it was actually 180º the other way ... :D
Just wanted to make sure that "forecast" and "model run" were not confused by some ...
There is a tendency for that. :(
Pardon me if it came off otherwise ... :cool:

Not very often we have to wonder is the Euro an outlier LoL
It'll be interesting to see what the eps has. To me it would be just as beneficial to have a recon mission in the Pacific to gather good data about sanvu and it's downstream impacts. That pacific jet extension, dampening of the western ridge, and shearing of the eastern trough is so key

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He had mentioned it seemed to be a wobble. Looking at the current loop, it is headed back WSW again.
Saying that a northward track right now means ots later is foolish. Nothing about the fate of Irma is that tied to today

I know - I was not being critical at all; it was actually 180º the other way ... :D
Just wanted to make sure that "forecast" and "model run" were not confused by some ...
There is a tendency for that. :(
Pardon me if it came off otherwise ... :cool:

Oh yeah no problem I totally understand, this is a much different setting to what we're often accustomed to during the slow times...

Yeah. Nothing is ruled out at the moment. I was just stating the current direction Irma was moving in.
No worries. I just personally don't see when a farther north path today having a big impact on the future. The pattern is pretty solid that it's going to get into the bahamas the issues occur after that

Similar to the 12Z Euro op vs 0Z Euro
op, the 12z EPS mean is ~100 miles WSW of the 0Z EPS mean at hour 156.​

Try -100000000000000 sense. It's almost like some want to experience power outages, devastating winds, and tons of tornadoes. Nobody wants that.
Or no internet (and no Southern WX for a week); no hot shower for a week; no roof for 2 months, no pay with no work for 3 weeks, no decent food for two weeks ... and the beat goes on ...

12Z EPS mean hour 180 Vero Beach, which is about 100 miles west of the 0Z EPS hour 192 mean.

Is the low in SE Canada there? If so then we might see the EPS follow the Euro which would be good for us.
I don't have access to the good maps, but if I was to give an educated guess, I would say no due to the statement by Larry and that the last 3 EPS runs have decreased the existence of a low and have been bridging the highs over the trough. But then again, I probably have no idea since I can't see the maps yet.

Is the low in SE Canada there? If so then we might see the EPS follow the Euro which would be good for us.

It is there in only very weak form in the mean. Therefore, the mean 12Z EPS is bringing Irma smack dab right up the spine of the FL peninsula, which is 200+ miles west of the 0Z EPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back