• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth
received_1513020628781255.png

What on earth
received_1513020628781255.png
Either the GRADS (model plot program) got wonked out or, the ensembles are all very much in agreement with a very strong system. I'll go with the later.

In fact, I'll ask Ryan and see.

Either the GRADS (model plot program) got wonked out or, the ensembles are all very much in agreement with a very strong system. I'll go with the later.

In fact, I'll ask Ryan and see.

The gfs ensembles were very bad for florida as ominous as I've ever seen

If they're in that kind of agreement to generate an overlapping map like that in regards to position and strength, we have a big problem. Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

Well. It's not a plotting error. Here is what the spaghetti plot shows at the same time:
gefs_slp_mems_east_33.png

Last edited:
In all seriousness, and not rhetorical, more ominous than Andrew, Charlie, Frances and/or Jeanne (just to name a few recent ones)?

So the hmon went all in :eek: yes that is 175 kt or about 200 mph at 850 mb
received_1513080318775286.png
It did well with Harvey's strength, I believe? It was showing crazy strengthening for Harvey and most ignored it.

In all seriousness, and not rhetorical, more ominous than Andrew, Charlie, Frances and/or Jeanne (just to name a few recent ones)?

If they are correct a very large version of Andrew/Charley, both were small

Fortunately its 8 days out

If they are correct a very large version of Andrew/Charley, both were small

Fortunately its 8 days out
With you on the 8 days ...
I'm just not getting the FL connection (and believe me, I'm looking) ... :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back