• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful. Weather Channel throwing Hugo's track out there in their "whatever analysis" thing. Hype train still incoming! I've noticed on my personal social media, everyone is already saying SC is getting a Category 5 storm soon etc... wrong maps, bad model runs, even fake maps.

Some moron faked a NHC map, used a tropical storm icon, hand labeled it Cat 5 all the way into Texas... you can't make this up.

I estimate that about 75% of the 12Z EPS tracks are to the east of the operational and ~25% to the west.

251e5d245acd1f8d2d107944c3e6a3aacbf949275b19f6ee1d5f250bdbc509af.jpg

Past 6 runs via GFS, including the 18z run from today, you can see the shift towards the WSW.

181767dc6f38167cd869a41e76fa9d3b.gif

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

OMG, this hits NYC dead on, which could be a huge disaster.

Another GFS run another solution, about 40+ to go but yeah that would be a disastrous hit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Watching the 18Z run reminded me of TWC "It Could Happen Tomorrow" series...I know one of the scenarios was what if a Cat 4 hurricane hit NYC...but like you said another run, another different solution.
sfcwind_mslp.us_ne.png

Watching the 18Z run reminded me of TWC "It Could Happen Tomorrow" series...I know one of the scenarios was what if a Cat 4 hurricane hit NYC...but like you said another run, another different solution.
sfcwind_mslp.us_ne.png
If you know what Sandy did, which caused 75 billion in damage, I can't imagine what a 3 or 4 could do. It would cause likely another 100 billion plus disaster if the scenario played out. Fortunately, it's a ways out, so let's hope we don't get that.

I thought about the exact same thing when I was watching this run. Pretty scary doomsday scenario for sure on this run. Hopefully just one run and not an evolving consensus over the next coming days. NYC will be very ill prepared for a major hurricane of this magnitude.

For people sake, i hope this storm will safely move OTS and lets move on with fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back