• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks def a trend south this run. Plenty of time tho
Your right, plenty of time for it to go either way. Euro has been sticking to its guns for that area for awhile now, Gulf/Southeast Coast solution

Actually looking at real frames, looks like it's gonna scrape/miss the majority of SC as it starts hooking to a NE motion off the coast!
Yep its acually moving turning NE at the very end im not sure it would have hit anything that run

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Yeah - well I live here and study these buggers ... not out of idle curiosity, either ... :cool:
Lol, i got ya man. Im from there also. I hope this bugger goes OTS for anyone sake

Most tropical models favor the GFS track through 132hrs. They either have it passing through, or north of the 20N/60W crosshair. The EURO, CMC, and HWRF pass it several degrees south of 20N at the same time.

Back on this subject because it is a very noticeable, and significant difference between models over the next 132 hours. But, you can see that the last 4 runs of the GFS, and tropical models have trended south closer toward the EURO, CMC, and HWRF.

gfstrend.gif

tropicaltrend.gif

Can anyone generate an old/analog map or whatever based off this? This is all I really can come across... and the setup is different of course.. but I'd like to compare and not sure of all the websites to use to do it: 00z 21 September 1989

image.png

Lol, i got ya man. Im from there also. I hope this bugger goes OTS for anyone sake
Just purely for the sake of hypothetical and clinical discussion ... Can you imagine the carnage if a 920 came in say at Deerfield Beach and cruised the peninsula and exited around Jax to St. Mary's at say, perhaps a 960? Take that last run of the Euro a couple hundred or less miles west ... o_O
Just for thought ...

What do you base the gulf idea on?
Im not saying it will enter the gulf, but the trend over the last few days from the euro/eps has been hovering and camped around that general area. Gfs has been all over. I hope its fish for sure, but this could be a scary situation if this south trend continues

Not on that run it isn't. ULL providing the weakness and with the ridge in that position, it would drive that joker inland.
Im talking about the end solution not that run . Speed of the system , trough and ACTUAL ridge strength will obviously play a roll . But a final offshore solution is very possible

Im talking about the end solution not that run . Speed of the system , trough and ACTUAL ridge strength will obviously play a roll . But a final offshore solution is very possible

I know, but I don't see a way the end solution of that run is close to staying offshore unless the model would do something quirky. That run would probably plow Irma right into the SC/NC border, possibly the GA/SC border depending on how much that ULL grabs it.

Btw, Irma is making a run at cat 4 as we speak. looking fiesty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back