• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro run was very scary for SC and NC. Don't like this trend at all.

The models have trended towards a less dynamic extratropical transition of Sanvu in the western Pacific which means the downstream rossby wave packet is weaker over North America >>> ridge builds in faster >>> Irma a bigger threat to the se us

Lol his cone is massive !!!! How csn anyone take that seriously .
78e64ba454e6691e13607a31f63991b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Can anyone generate an old/analog map or whatever based off this? This is all I really can come across... and the setup is different of course.. but I'd like to compare and not sure of all the websites to use to do it: 00z 21 September 1989

image.png
I found a 500mb map of that storm
Also, check this out
https://www.weather.gov/ilm/HurricaneHugo
(For comparison purposes only)
3cdb9cf35012b9fe5a23a8040103150b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I found a 500mb map of that storm
Also, check this out
https://www.weather.gov/ilm/HurricaneHugo
(For comparison purposes only)
3cdb9cf35012b9fe5a23a8040103150b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. In Irma's case, there isn't the real strong upper high progged to be centered in the NE US though a new high may rebuild in there. Instead, the strongest nearby upper high looks to be in or near the Bermuda high position (somewhere offshore), thus favoring a more northward movement should Irma be near the Carolinas rather than the NW movement of Hugo based on projections as of now. Now, if Irma were to be approaching, say, S FL, then obviously it could easily be moving NW or even WNW on its approach down there.

Of course, since this is still 9+ days away, the entire progged pattern could end up verifying far differently.

Lol his cone is massive !!!! How csn anyone take that seriously .
78e64ba454e6691e13607a31f63991b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That's what she said!
Hugo came into the SC coast on a WNW trajectory and made an almost straight right hand turn to the North at about CAE! It was rough, but it was in September and it was very cool the week after, just off the top of my head! 10 days without power, sucked!

Really hope it keeps curving to the NE, but a lot of those tracks are headed right for SC and NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back