• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^^^^ relations would be better , friendships would be better and society would know how to have real conversations

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That's the truth right there brotha!

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

The GFS is definitely not trending in the right direction if you want to see Irma avoid the US... It's progressively slowing it down and pushing it further SW with each run... Cave to the Euro.
Unknown.gif

12z cmc
3ee9eb9d3c73a1dbe862764ba62194e7.jpg

Something to keep in mind, even tho this run may be OTS, if trough pulls out quicker?

It's sad that people put out fake/scam outlooks out. It puts a bad look on the weather community. If people keep putting out fake/scam outlooks it makes me think the government will take away the rights from non-meteorologist to have access to any of the weather models. I think they wanted to do that at one point and as a independent forecaster, I do not want that.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Such a compact storm ATM

Yep, the new eye is likely going to be about 10-15 nautical miles in diameter when it clears out again. The storm will become larger as it ages due to eyewall replacement cycles, entrance into an environment with higher background moisture and SSTs, all of which will likely expand the wind field of the storm...

Per the 12Z GFS hour 216, this one looks like it may headed to the NC-NE corridor.

12z cmc is moving N/NE off the southeast coast by day ten with an open door to head OTS
bea8d6977d54437b8c1eb71b87ae3981.jpg

Something to keep in mind, even tho this run may be OTS, if trough pulls out quicker?

This run isn't gonna go OTS, the Azores-Bermuda high is bridging over the top with the Rockies ridge that's slid eastward into southern Canada and there's a cut off ULL over the south-central US that will try to capture it. This run will very likely hit the US...

Classic US landfalling z500 pattern on this GFS run... Massive burgeoning ridge over southeastern Canada and a relative weakness near the northern Gulf coast with a TC over the SW Atlantic.

gfs_z500a_atl_39.png

Gfs is moving NE at 228 but with a building high im not sure why its tryimg to go east

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back