• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big take away for me that run was the trough lifting out early, once that happens many options are back on the table..... still long way to go with this one. Webb models still having difficulty figuring out the H5 pattern due to recurving Sanvu, gonna see some erratic model output for a few days?

The GFS is definitely not trending in the right direction if you want to see Irma avoid the US... It's progressively slowing it down and pushing it further SW with each run... Cave to the Euro.
View attachment 1021

Yep, same old same old, the models love over doing the eastern trough. I think Florida is in the cross hairs eventually.

This map was made from Scott from Weather Optics. I'm going with a path between 3 and 2 from his map.
91742db92f72d097beb2b45c6b402f54.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Also, from that map, imo, the most realsitic path is between 3 and 2 atm. I made a map last night and I'm still confident enough that I'm going with this track.

243851eb27cc643f98f1bdf238304996.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GFS is not very smart with that run. Bothers me seeing it so close to the SC coast with no real place to go with the ridge building overtop... On to the Euro.

I just dont see how that system in the SE doesn't influence it more with that kind of ridge building in and basically trapping it. These things are supposed to take the path of least resistance I thought?

Last edited:
Big take away for me that run was the trough lifting out early, once that happens many options are back on the table..... still long way to go with this one. Webb models still having difficulty figuring out the H5 pattern due to recurving Sanvu, gonna see some erratic model output for a few days?

Yeah, this pattern is largely hinging on the recurvature of Sanvu and it's extratropical transition and we won't know for at least another few days what the general z500 is gonna look like downstream over North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back