• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_44.png

12z
gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_45.png

06z

If you Compare 12z and 06z the GFS have made a major shift from showing one to two in FL to showing plenty in FL 12z run and also more in the Carolinas This 12z run compared to 06z.

GFS is not very smart with that run. Bothers me seeing it so close to the SC coast with no real place to go with the ridge building overtop... On to the Euro.

I just dont see how that system in the SE doesn't influence it more with that kind of ridge building in and basically trapping it. These things are supposed to take the path of least resistance I thought?

You and me both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS is not very smart with that run. Bothers me seeing it so close to the SC coast with no real place to go with the ridge building overtop... On to the Euro.

I just dont see how that system in the SE doesn't influence it more with that kind of ridge building in and basically trapping it. These things are supposed to take the path of least resistance I thought?

If the one ridge center is far enough away to the north in the NE US and there is also a Bermuda high to the east imparting a steering current from south to north (like the 12Z GFS shows), a continued slow northward track toward the NE US isn't unusual based on past actual hurricane tracks. Hurricanes have a tendency for some poleward motion in the absence of strong steering currents, regardless.

The 12Z Euro is starting out a hair north of its 0Z run and slightly NW of the 12Z GFS as of hour 72.

The gefs florida camp picked up many members that run.

The gefs is slowly trending towards the eps

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I actually could see an Andrew/Early Katrina like track with this one. Not hit location, but movement. WNW to NW as the trough tugs on it, then west to possibly WSW into FL as the Ridge builds back in.

Euro will most likely be OTS this Run!!

I think it is early in the run to call that, but with a slightly further north track vs 0Z Euro and a slightly weaker Bermuda ridge than the 0Z Euro had, it not coming into the SE US on this Euro run wouldn't surprise me. Let's see how this evolves.

Euro also initialized the system incorrectly again strength wise..... where's Eric he's discussed this before. I almost wonder if the Euro initializing too weak allows the more northerly track initially due to it feeling less influence from the ULL that would help drive it SW

Euro also initialized the system incorrectly again strength wise..... where's Eric he's discussed this before. I almost wonder if the Euro initializing too weak allows the more northerly track initially due to it feeling less influence from the ULL that would help drive it SW
Probably in class lol he is in shool you know haha

Ridge building in this run . One thing to keep in mind, like in winter troughs tend to verfi weaker vs whats showing on the models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back