• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gfs is either going to leave it behind or hook it into the NE

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The h5 pattern with the cut off is a nod to the euro

yep the westerlies are usually not deep enough at this time of the year to support a full scale trough like that for long, if it digs too deep, a cut-off is bound to show up. Still a ways to go however...

" I am inclined to stay on the
southwestern side of the model guidance, given the rather consistent
forecasts of the ECMWF and its ensemble. In addition, the strongest
members of the recent ensembles are on the southern side on the
consensus, giving some confidence in that approach
."
From Eric Blake regarding their forecast philosophy to stay on the southwestern edge of the NWP guidance envelope...

yep the westerlies are usually not deep enough at this time of the year to support a full scale trough like that for long, if it digs too deep, a cut-off is bound to show up. Still a ways to go however...
Webb - That is soooo true, and so well said ... ;)

If this doesn't start curving soon, here comes your rain SD.:confused:
Nah it's going to get channeled between the atlantic ridge and cutoff looks like a NE hit. I can't see the trough missing it and nothing to bring it west

Guys (and ladies) the track of Irma will be off after at least day 3 or 4. Typhoon Sanvu will influence the track of Irma and we won't start to see the effects of that till typhoon Sanvu completes it's recurvature which should occur within 3-4 days. Things going on downstream effects what's going on upstream. As Webber said, it's known as the "Rossby Wave Train".

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Agreed. The weakening of the western ridge, retreating of the jet to the US/Can border, cutoff low and potential westward expanding atlantic ridge opens the door for a US hit

Bye bye Boston. :eek:
gfs_mslp_wind_neus_39.png

Nah it's going to get channeled between the atlantic ridge and cutoff looks like a NE hit. I can't see the trough missing it and nothing to bring it west

Congrats Delmarva!

That run had all the crazies. Big PRE in the NE, ET transition and expanding wind field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back