• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice here in the tread, its becoming more serious, with no funny gif. This storm has everyone attention and on high alert.

For our quests at the top of the page if you click wiki it will take you to a page where we have all tropical models and tropical weather sites linked and webcams from the gulf coast up to Virginia. The webcams will be a good resource this weekend as Irma gets closer to south Florida

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

For our quests at the top of the page if you click wiki it will take you to a page where we have all tropical models and tropical weather sites linked and webcams from the gulf coast up to Virginia. The webcams will be a good resource this weekend as Irma gets closer to south Florida

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
And if you are a member, contribute if you can! We have put tons of work into it, and I'm sure there are many resources out there still to find, so if you have a website that isn't in there that is useful, post it here or in the wiki itself! Contributions are greatly appreciated! :)

I notice here in the tread, its becoming more serious, with no funny gif. This storm has everyone attention and on high alert.
To build on this as the week goes on moderation will start getting more strict

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To build on this as the week goes on moderation will start getting more strict

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just to add to this, let the moderators & admins do the moderating please.... someone posting that someone else shouldn't be stating that or asking this is only adding to the post that will need to be deleted. Thanks

A very elite group here

Screenshot_2017-09-05-09-11-19.png

My first time posting but have been lurking for a long time. This is from the boat captain from charter service we use when we go down to St. Thomas. He is located in the Red Hook part of the island.

There comes a point where you just have to stop looking.

Blue is tucked away. But my hope dwindles as Irma intensifies and targets the USVI a little more each moment. Yesterday, the first song off the car radio was The End of The World as we Know It by REM. Sent a chill down the spine.
Driving home after spending the day prepping Blue. The radio offered Sleeping in My Car by Roxette.

I have stopped looking at the forecast because each one is worse than the previous (and our internet service was out when I got home last night so getting them is now a chore) Today is last minute prep. The last screws just went into the plywood sheets covering the windows.

We will start getting rain later today and the wind will start later this evening. The brunt will be passing noonish Wednesday.

This will probably be the last update until its over. But I will try to take some footage to share later as who doesn't like seeing a good disaster.

Ciao for now.
Wilson

Thoughts with the islands today and tomorrow. Also, learning a lot from you all. Please feel free to move post if not in right place.

What causes the difference in wind vs pressure with Irma at 175 at 929mb and others the same with around 900mb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrounding pressures like a high pressure to the north(the whole reason it's headed for the US now) also typically where Irma is now has higher pressures than further west where the others peaked

My first time posting but have been lurking for a long time. This is from the boat captain from charter service we use when we go down to St. Thomas. He is located in the Red Hook part of the island.

There comes a point where you just have to stop looking.

Blue is tucked away. But my hope dwindles as Irma intensifies and targets the USVI a little more each moment. Yesterday, the first song off the car radio was The End of The World as we Know It by REM. Sent a chill down the spine.
Driving home after spending the day prepping Blue. The radio offered Sleeping in My Car by Roxette.

I have stopped looking at the forecast because each one is worse than the previous (and our internet service was out when I got home last night so getting them is now a chore) Today is last minute prep. The last screws just went into the plywood sheets covering the windows.

We will start getting rain later today and the wind will start later this evening. The brunt will be passing noonish Wednesday.

This will probably be the last update until its over. But I will try to take some footage to share later as who doesn't like seeing a good disaster.

Ciao for now.
Wilson

Thoughts with the islands today and tomorrow. Also, learning a lot from you all. Please feel free to move post if not in right place.

That was amazing to read.

...POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE IRMA HEADING
TOWARD THE LEEWARD ISLANDS... <don't see this phrase much, Katrina is the big one I remember

its already strongest most east, 190 is the record in the whole basin

NHC 11am

Based on these data the initial intensity is set at 155 kt for this
advisory. This makes Irma the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic
basin outside of the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico in the NHC
records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back