• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the HMON really just do it again? We laugh, but the winds are up there.:eek:
recon_AF309-0811A-IRMA_dropsonde4_20170905-1124.png

If I missed these posted, sorry.... but you can see shift east in gefs. HWRF for fwiw shifted ever so slightly turning almost due north at end of it's run right into the tip of the Fl penn, HMON is turning N at end of it's run towards Naples.
AL11_2017090506_GEFS.png

You gotta hope the GFS is on to something it would actually bring an ots solution back into play..... I doubt it but there is still that slightest of chances

It appears, once again, the GFS is in a camp by itself. Irma, meet the Gulf.....Gulf, meet Irma! I think today the focus is going to shift to the Big Bend, westward to the AL Gulf coast.

It appears, once again, the GFS is in a camp by itself. Irma, meet the Gulf.....Gulf, meet Irma! I think today the focus is going to shift to the Big Bend, westward to the AL Gulf coast.
Not exactly, although CMC and Euro 0z runs were west of the GFS..... I'll wait to see what all the 12z models show before I'll make that conclusion, just a fluke or an early trend?
11L_tracks_latest.png

The Ensemble trends cannot be argued with. Is it right....we shall see, but given the historical tracks of storms in this area, some models bias's on the upper air patterns, etc, I would say the westward shift is not over by any means. JMO though....and it aint worth 2 cents!

The Ensemble trends cannot be argued with. Is it right....we shall see, but given the historical tracks of storms in this area, some models bias's on the upper air patterns, etc, I would say the westward shift is not over by any means. JMO though....and it aint worth 2 cents!
Your opinion is worth far more then 2 cents.... it adds to the already great discussion.

Your opinion is worth far more then 2 cents.... it adds to the already great discussion.
Yep. I have a bad fear that come 12Z, something is going to give. The Euro went from ots or land to solidly land. All models hit land at the moment. We need to watch the EPS and GEFS as well as the operational models and their next runs. I would also watch the HMON. I laughed at the intensity, but it got the strong cat 5 intensity.

FL Keys are probably the best area in the US for a hurricane to make a landfall at Cat 5 intensity.

Wow thats a good bit of weakrning to go from 180 to 150. I guess they are expecting interaction with land to have a big impact.
The winds are only by model consensus. I have a feeling that unless interaction occurs, it can maintain cat 5 status up to the Keys. If not, it would weaken to a 4 and a 5 around the Keys.

She better start her WNW motion vs the due west heading she is on now or the islands are in trouble

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Would be unlikely for it to maintain cat 5 for long periods due to the combination of conditions needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irma's cloud tops have warmed significantly in the past few hours, likely indicative of another eyewall replacement cycle. This hurricane is about to get even bigger...
avn-animated.gif
Even though radar doesn't show anything atm it's really peculiar to see the cloud tops warm this much and it's often a precursor to ERCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back