• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 12Z GEFS mean is the furthest west yet of at least the last 4 runs and is in the far E GOM just W of S FL implying the Gulf threat is far from gone.

Is the northern turn at this point dependent on a shortwave in the southeast and no longer on a weakness in the ridiging over the Atlantic?

Is it possible for Jose to have any impact on the ultimate direction Irma goes ?
No, I doubt that since it will be down stream from Irma. Also, that wave and Irma won't get close to each other to the point of where they won't interact with each other. I could be wrong about that. I try my best to answer questions to the simplest form.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

No, I doubt that since it will be down stream from Irma. Also, that wave and Irma won't get close to each other to the point of where they won't interact with each other. I could be wrong about that. I try my best to answer questions to the simplest form.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I was wondering that maybe if the wave that may become Jose developed into a strong hurricane if that would have an impact.

I see 18z HMON got rid of the smashing Irma into Central Cuba idea. It's more closer in line to the GFS so far. (only out to hr 93 right now)

I was wondering that maybe if the wave that may become Jose developed into a strong hurricane if that would have an impact.

I could be wrong, but I would think Irma and potential "Jose" would keep enough distance from eachother to have any direct or immediate effect on one another.

Oh wow the 18Z gefs is west. Many members in the gulf that go straight into Ga
Not necessarily any more west the 12z it is a tighter cluster up the west coast of Fl but it also has a couple more that stay off east coast and head up into NC, mean probably just west of the spine of Fl
gefs_cyclone_atlantic_29.png

12z gefs
AL11_2017090412_GEFS_large.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back