• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were in South FL and saw that there wasn't much change in the model runs by 12z tomorrow, I'd prepare to leave and leave on Wednesday. As it is I'm not but the rain that's been shown is making me nervous...
Wednesday or Thursday down there makes perfect sense; I-95 is a disaster

The central and eastern parts of both NC and SC would get plenty of tornadoes if this verifies.

At the rate were going, I may need to invest in a generator. I can only imagine there would be widespread powerline/tree damage well inland up here with a track like that, not to mention the elevated risk for tornadoes.

At the rate were going, I may need to invest in a generator. I can only imagine there would be widespread powerline/tree damage well inland up here with a track like that, not to mention the elevated risk for tornadoes.
Lol, no need for a generator in Atlanta. Maybe some rain and a few wind gusts. The main action would be well east of Atlanta along with the threat for tornadoes. Keep in mind Atlanta would most likely be on the drier, less dangerous side.

Lol, no need for a generator in Atlanta. Maybe some rain and a few wind gusts. The main action would be well east of Atlanta along with the threat for tornadoes. Keep in mind Atlanta would most likely be on the drier, less dangerous side.
It keeps trending west and winds would still be pretty high. Rain totals are pretty high

It keeps trending west and winds would still be pretty high. Rain totals are pretty high

As much as my potential weenie is coming out about the possibility of some interesting weather in north Georgia let's keep two things in mind:

1. The track of this storm has and will contuine to change.

2. Arguing about the intensity of inland effects a week away from landfall is counterproductive.

Let's follow the models, track the storm, and hope it doesn't cause destruction and human suffering in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back