Pattern Januworry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_22.png
Is there anything to this on the GFS or should I just pay it no mind?

Anytime I see anafrontal snow I laugh like Henry from Goodfellas.

It ain’t happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics or it didn't happen
Here is the wxbell version it's not very helpful ecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-tmin_tmax_boxplot-0692800.png
Here is the weather.us version with the line graphs that's a little more helpfulScreenshot_20211228-153055_Chrome.jpg
Seeing the clustering of members with highs 35-45/50 is nice. Obviously there's still room to go to what the warm members have but this run had less of those and given the time of year it doesn't take a lot more than seasonal cold to be in the game

FWD made a funny...:D

FXUS64 KFWD 282024
AFDFWD

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Fort Worth TX
224 PM CST Tue Dec 28 2021

Now for the upsetting news...I have removed the mention of snow from
the forecast. Previously we had a mention of sprinkles or flurries
early Saturday morning as the base of the upper level trough moved
overhead. With the upper level trough having slowed down in the
latest model runs, the column will likely have dried out enough
by the time the trough arrives that snow, or any precipitation,
will be very, very hard to come by.
It may not be entirely out of
the realm of possibility as we still have a few days of model runs
to assess.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_22.png
Is there anything to this on the GFS or should I just pay it no mind?
Need a weak secondary low to form up and track over Fla. Then we are money, if the cold gets in. And it times right...and the haints don't get it, and a butterfly in Peru doesn't sneeze, and more of us have been good rather than bad, and we all wish real hard, but yeah, there's a chance for some flurries, or a mega storm. It's a mystery of life ....if, if, if :)

One thing I have noticed about living in the shadow of the Apps. for 57 years, is that the cold must get in here first to have a good winter storm. Sure, I have seen changeovers here before, but they rarely amount to much. Betting on a changeover from rain to accumulating snow in the Foothills/Piedmont is a fools errand. Down-sloping will dry it up 95% of the time.

One thing I have noticed about living in the shadow of the Apps. for 57 years, is that the cold must get in here first to have a good winter storm. Sure, I have seen changeovers here before, but they rarely amount to much. Betting on a changeover from rain to accumulating snow in the Foothills/Piedmont is a fools errand. Down-sloping will dry it up 95% of the time.
Oh for sure

Reactions: Avalanche
I've seen a many disappointing 1600ft snows especially when I worked in north cove at Baxter. So unless a low trys to pop on the tail its a no go.

Our 500MB energy on the GFS has been trending steadily away from a southern lobe to a strung out front passage. This won't cut it besides NW snow flurries. We need to get back to the cutoff/southern lobe look from yesterday. Negative tilt would help too.

Problem is the 120hr trend normally is the one that sticks. Maybe it'll reverse some over the next 48hrs.

C41438FB-084E-4A40-8F3A-02E272625624.gif