• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

I remember previous run had the precip getting out before 12, here’s the GFS at noon with precip still in Bama.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_7.png

No it's not, that is a QPF map. Precip is well out of AL by 18z.

gfs_midRH_seus_8.png

The Jist I get out of all these maps is there will be a nice swath of possibly significant (for the south) snow from west central al through WC/NW GA into the mnts. NE Burbs of ATL/NE GA miss out for the most part on this one. Still could change but this looks basically centered for a direct Central/EC Bama hit. Hopefully it works out for you guys!

I fully believe most, if not all of the Atlanta metro will at least see token flakes. Whether it accumulates, I think it's 50/50, lower the more you move east and south.

The Jist I get out of all these maps is there will be a nice swath of possibly significant (for the south) snow from west central al through WC/NW GA into the mnts. NE Burbs of ATL/NE GA miss out for the most part on this one. Still could change but this looks basically centered for a direct Central/EC Bama hit. Hopefully it works out for you guys!

How?
There is little indication on the models that the NE Burbs of ATL are missing out.

Correction, that GFS run is good for C AL, but not for N AL.
Right they just all seem to realize north Alabama seems to be getting shafted on models we need the precip to break out earlier to the northwest of us

Back