• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

GFS for the win
a918ba908f06a18d5c7ea3fad14d1e62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
even better with kuchera..some really big totals in central ala

Gfs slowing the clearing just a smidge over GA Looks a smidge warmer here. Ugh
A4DECAE0-5C8F-4267-8DF9-E696280E59F4.gif

The axis of accumulating snow is definitely getting smaller as we move closer to the event. It's centered on Central Alabama going northeast. I think Birmingham and places within 50 miles or so of there get a nice 2-4 inch snowstorm and then that fades as you move further away west or east. Remember when NW Ms. was getting snow?

low pressure trending south on many models, went from VA to Nc, @deltadog03 how would that help/hurt snow chances west and east of the apps ?

I bet there's gonna be some sweet members off gefs for south/central Bama

The Jist I get out of all these maps is there will be a nice swath of possibly significant (for the south) snow from west central al through WC/NW GA into the mnts. NE Burbs of ATL/NE GA miss out for the most part on this one. Still could change but this looks basically centered for a direct Central/EC Bama hit. Hopefully it works out for you guys!

Back