• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Not trying to make an imby post but I will be in Hendersonville fri and Saturday. Leave Sunday morning. Please tell me this ice storm comes Sunday after I leave?
Nope sat night it will look like a frozen movie Sun morning. U shud be good on driving though.

ICON with some wrap around

View attachment 69015
How did the 6z euro suite trend? The midatdlantic crew was not happy with it. Looks like they are losing the capture and the big totals for the second part of the storm. Wasn’t sure if the suppression they were talking about helped us any with temps and further south with the world yet weather.

How did the 6z euro suite trend? The midatdlantic crew was not happy with it. Looks like they are losing the capture and the big totals for the second part of the storm. Wasn’t sure if the suppression they were talking about helped us any with temps and further south with the world yet weather.

They still look great for a 6-8" event...but you can see it's heavier in central VA now.

ecmwf-deterministic-east-snow_72hr-2224000.pngEuro.gif

Read the GSP Area Forecast Discussion and the WPC discussion snd snow/ice maps

Neither have anything of significance in North Carolina outside of primarily back side NW flow snow in the mountains

We haven't had a good one in years. Definitely not buying those amounts of 1.41 of ice. Be nice to have snow then a coating of ice on top
Even if that happened verbatim, 1.41” of QPF wouldn’t translate to anywhere close to 1.41” of freezing rain. Maybe 0.5-0.75”, tops (which is still bad, obviously).

I’m going to be kind of angry if Ji gets 18-24”. That’ll just make this winter suck even more.
I'm rooting for it to shift north so that DC is on the cold rain line personally. Wilmington will be in the 60s during this event, I want some of that, please. Much better than a bitter 36-degree rain.

Back