• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Yea, that looks like ? And more what I would expect with a primary low way north in KY or IN or OH. We'll see if this is the beginning of the death tread or a fluke run but getting close to locked in. Screw miller Bs. NAM has been jumping around but this looks really bad.
Yeah that run has got me worried, but in euro we trust

We should have a good idea between 0z runs fri night and 12z sat. Till then just have to watch trends. If that low would start out 100 miles futher south instead of ohio valley, we'd be in business. NEED That press/trend again.

Yeah no even here lol, wet bulb of 28, that’s fun, hopefully that’s the Lr 3km Doing it’s thing View attachment 68950
Wet bulb of 29 for me at that time. Honestly what might be the most eye opening is that that run overall wasn’t great for winter weather here, yet it still gives a solution that would lead to significant icing. We’re not really going to be into the NAM’s good range until tomorrow morning, but we can still see that dewpoints ahead of this are still gonna be really low.

Wet bulb of 29 for me at that time. Honestly what might be the most eye opening is that that run overall wasn’t great for winter weather here, yet it still gives a solution that would lead to significant icing. We’re not really going to be into the NAM’s good range until tomorrow morning, but we can still see that dewpoints ahead of this are still gonna be really low.
If have anytime to get some radiational cooling prior to the event, then oof lol, this setup gets my eyes because how low dewpoints are, in the December system we were dealing with low/mid 20s

It looks like the RGEM is coming in with another winter storm/ice maker.

If have anytime to get some radiational cooling prior to the event, then oof lol, this setup gets my eyes because how low dewpoints are, in the December system we were dealing with low/mid 20s
Yeah, if it’s clear early Saturday evening like it was tonight, then temps are gonna drop like a rock..: I’m already down to 28. Also those dewpoints in the mid teens across the Triad and Triangle are important as well. When the winds turn from the NE, that’s the airmass that’s getting pushed this way

prateptype.us_ma.png

Indeed. I have a hard time believing the sleet will be the dominant p-type, but who knows?
ZR is probably more likely, than a big sleet storm. Warm nose will be stout. If we had a big high anchored up there, i.e. classic CAD, I'd be more bullish about sleet. Not saying it can't happen now...I just think an ice storm will be more likely than a big sleet storm.

Back